Oops

I dunno how I managed it; I got a phone call from an agency earlier to say I’ve got an infringement :confused: (never managed it before). Anyway, looking at the sheet they sent me, I drove for a total of five and a quater hours :open_mouth: with a 30 min break :blush: Now, I remember saying to the guy who downloaded my card “if you look carefuly, I took a 14min break and a 30 min break but it won’t matter because I only drove for just over four hours in total” so all I can think is either the display was wrong or I got my (very simple) maths wrong - fair enough, I cokced up.

BUT; why does it also say that the total working hours (9:15ish) was over the wtd hours? It also looks like I was over 6hrs before I took the 30min!!

:open_mouth: just wasn’t my day, was it!? How did I make so many mistakes in one day when I’ve had no problem in over 2yrs on tacho’s and digi?? And do I expect a fine or just hope like hell I don’t get pulled for a while?

W.T.F was I doing that day!? :open_mouth:

Better hope you don’t get stopped by vostapo in the next 28 days, you get fined for making a basic human error these days. :unamused:

Ive done the exact same thing as you a few times, so i now take 17 minutes and 32 minutes to make sure its over 45.

darkseeker:
:open_mouth: just wasn’t my day, was it!? How did I make so many mistakes in one day when I’ve had no problem in over 2yrs on tacho’s and digi?? And do I expect a fine or just hope like hell I don’t get pulled for a while?

Because you are human,

Remeber to Err is human to forgive is not VOSA policy. :smiley:

I don’t think you’ll get a fine if it’s only a company check, unless VOSA come in and check the cards.

Thanks fellas, feel a bit better about it now. Best behave myself for a bit and avoid the known spots I suppose :confused:

Exactly ! We are humans and mistakes happens.
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Write on the back of tacho or printout that you have miscalculated the driving time and are aware of the extra minutes you’ve gone over (or whatever the problem might be). Sometimes we just get it wrong, and it’s not like we do it on purpose. I think that if you got stopped by VOSA or a traffic officer they would have a look through your tacho’s and if everything else is fine, they can see it was just a one off mistake. I once got stopped and had my tachoes scrutinized, but before they even got to look through them I pointed out that there had been a day a week or two earlier where I had mis-calculated my driving by an hour and had done close to 5 and a half hours driving. They were quite understanding, no one is perfect after all.

darkseeker:
I dunno how I managed it; I got a phone call from an agency earlier to say I’ve got an infringement :confused: (never managed it before). Anyway, looking at the sheet they sent me, I drove for a total of five and a quater hours :open_mouth: with a 30 min break :blush: Now, I remember saying to the guy who downloaded my card “if you look carefuly, I took a 14min break and a 30 min break but it won’t matter because I only drove for just over four hours in total” so all I can think is either the display was wrong or I got my (very simple) maths wrong - fair enough, I cokced up.

BUT; why does it also say that the total working hours (9:15ish) was over the wtd hours? It also looks like I was over 6hrs before I took the 30min!!

The digital display does take a while to catch up and collate all the information, so if you check the display after your break it should be a truer record

It looks like your mistake was taking 14 minutes, when you needed only 15 to satisfy the 6hr WTD not 30 minutes.

When did agencies start issuing infringements?

darkseeker:
… I drove for a total of five and a quater hours :shock: with a 30 min break :blush: Now, I remember saying to the guy who downloaded my card “if you look carefuly, I took a 14min break and a 30 min break but it won’t matter because I only drove for just over four hours in total” so all I can think is either the display was wrong or I got my (very simple) maths wrong - fair enough, I cokced up.

I’m a little confused - was it DRIVING for 5.15hrs or just over 4hrs :question: :confused:
Doing over 9 hours of driving + other work in one shift needs 45 mins of break for the RT(WTD)R.
Only needs 15 mins at or before 6 hours of driving + other work for the RT(WTD)R

I got one from November saying i started at 6am, finished at 14.45 pm, then started at 15.00 pm and finished at 01.00.

The joys of having the same name as your dad, and both work for the same company (though he’s agency)

Think Rog has answered the last question and yes, it’s got me pretty confused too :confused:

Anyways, I’ll write it off as a bad day and try not to do it again :unamused: Thanks peeps, good to see the usual “you cocked up, your a bad driver” attitude hasn’t found its way into this one :wink:

you cocked up and your such a bad driver. I am so perfect so there!!!

As far as the 9.25 hours being over WTD hours is concerned, if this is because you only had 44 minutes break in 9.25 hours working time then the infringement should have been for insufficient breaks not going over hours :confused:

They have a responsibility to inform you of what you’ve done wrong that’s the whole point of infringements, if they’re saying you went over the WTD time then you need to know why and how otherwise how will you avoid making the same mistake again, so you should politely query it.

edit:

Oh yes and

You cocked up, your a bad driver you :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

:laughing: I was THAT day :wink:

Here y’are, hope it’s just about clear enough.