Infringement and cant work out why

Downloaded card and got told I had a driving time infringement. I note down all my times anyway, so I got the transport guy to bring up my days records, and they all matched mine, so I cant work out why its saying infringement.

Shift start 08:30. Drove for 2h 17m. Took a 48m break, which in my eyes, kills my working time and driving time in one go. Place took an age to load me, so I took another 17m break, after being on other work for half an hour. I then drove 3h 40m to tip. Took another 34m break. Drove 2h 30m back to base. Shift end 21:45.

Looking at it now, the only thing I can think of, is that as i didnt do any driving between the 48m break and the 17m break i didnt have any ‘new’ driving time for the 17m break to go against? If this is the case, next time, I need to drive 5 inches to get 1m of driving? Seems stupid to me.

From what I can see your 1st driving time period was rest to 0 after the 48min break. The 3hrs 40 was not cleared as u didnt have 45mins break after commencing that period of driving, so u drove a total of 6hrs 10mins to base…

You did 6 hr 10 min of driving and that was interupted with a 34 min break where as you know you need 45 mins, what you did wrong was to have a second 45 but splitting your break before you did any more driving. If it’s ever possible just put at least 1 min of driving on the card then you could have had a break towards your driving time.

Infringement and cant work out why…

You just did work it out :wink:

Thanks, I know now in future. Stupid rules and regs!!!

Swordsy:
Thanks, I know now in future. Stupid rules and regs!!!

Like you said earlier just spin your wagon round the yard then have a 15 if your load ain’t ready.

Yep, breaks from driving have to interrupt periods of driving. Daft eh? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

A break of 45 mins or 15 +30 resets the 4.5 hour driving time clock and it does not mean that any daily driving time is lost as many seem to think

Once the 4.5 hour clock is reset the next 4.5 hours of driving time (if you still have that much left within the daily limit) need a 45 or 15 + 30 break

I had an infringement because i forgot to book off/on and left my card in , showed the 11hr daily rest but the software they use to scrutinise the data downloaded from the driver cards obviously can’t differentiate this type of thing,

Just put it on other work let it register a minute and put it back on break, no need to drive around the yard. On the new digis it won’t work anyways as they changed the software as long as you don’t exceed either 29 or 59 seconds, depending on which version you have. You can happily queue up and move in the queue without it changing mode.

Yes, be careful with short drives.

I was recently in front of a bay (leaving enough room to open doors) waiting for my time slot to come. I was on a break, and at 38 minutes when they told me they were ready I opened the doors, reversed back a few feet onto the bay and switched off again. I was expecting it to end my break but it didn’t, the break continued so I got a full 45 out of it even though I had driven a few feet.

wheelnutt:
Just put it on other work let it register a minute and put it back on break, no need to drive around the yard.

That’s the scenario the OP had, break - other work - break and it’s why he got the infringer. The break after the minute of other work won’t count toward the next d icing break until you have done some driving. Driving breaks interrupt driving.