Not sure if did right

last night put digi in about 1830 last night did checks and set off , done about an hrs drive and noticed on dash board that was showing nearly 2 hrs driving , pulled over and did a print out and driving time on printout showed 1 hr 18 , could not work it out , decided in the end to carry on and see what happened , inevitable the tach started flashing for 4hrs 15 , and then 4hrs 30 got to take a break! , carried on up to hub and unloaded then took break as soon as could , after brk took another printout and showed 3hrs 15 driving and my brk of 45,
after arriving back at depot before pulling my card did another printout and after looking at it some more showed my drive time back and 19hrs 28 mins other work and my 45 mins brk , kms add up to right amount , told tm when arrived back what happened and he downloaded my card to look at reports and could not bring up the report of my card , im in the system but archived for some reason could not get my card to look at report ,

he said that what I did was okay and is going to email them on mon to see why cant get report on my card and let me know , but im wondering what I should write on back of printouts as am stumped as to why this happened
any ideas ■■?

19 hours 28 minutes other work, is it possible you accidentally put the entire previous daily rest period down as other work.

Apart from that, I can only suggest that if you want to scan and post printouts for yesterday and if possible the previous day, we’ll have a look and see if we can tell what’s happened.

If you do post printout scans, obscure any personal details first :wink:

Ill try and post a copy of printout that did at end of day but that then makes sense but im sure i didnt do any manual entries unless ive pressed somat i shouldnt off , so i guess I can then write on back incorrect mode pressed at start of shift on back of printout and that should suffice if get pulled ?
The only thing that puzzles me is if put prev day as a shift my card has not been used since tues 1745 :confused:

ill see what I can do for posting up a pic of printout

thanks

If you haven’t used the card since Tuesday it pretty much rules out the idea that you could have accidentally recorded the rest period as other work.

Ive had that where the tacho wouldn’t let me do manual enteries and just loaded up to drive. I know a mate had the same thing when he went from one truck to another the next day an older truck to a new one.

I now just put it bed ad take the card out but then I don’t have to report to any one anymore, go in card in walk round and go . park up at night and card out , job done

I had a similar thing happen to me on the 3rd day after I got my new TGX, Thursday 4th april(with the newest version Tachograph)

I tried to put a manual entry in as I finished later the night before but I think I messed it up.

As soon as I left the yard I noticed the driving time read over 2 hours :confused: & I was heading for Skipton, about 4 hours driving. Carried on for a couple of hours then had a 15 break & did a printout & it all looked ok, so carried on until it started flashing 4hr 15min. I stopped & had a 30 just to clear it then got to the drop just on time.
Did a printout end of shift & it shows 7hr 51 driving, 7hr 01 other work & 02h 28 break= more than 17 hours total :confused: :confused:
I started at 05.15 & finished at 18.15 = 13 hours total :confused: :confused: :confused:

So either I was on a different planet that day or the tachgraph was :unamused:

Haven’t received the infringement. (Yet !)
But I’ve got the printout stapled in my diary, just in case I need to plead poverty & they threaten to throw my kids in the workhouse to pay my fines for this Heinous Crime that I’ve unwittingly commited :wink:

Jennie,don’t be writing that you used incorrect mode if you’re not sure as you will be admitting to an infringement that may not be your fault.

here goes hope these show up this is the print out took at end of shift :

You’ve put the manual entry in as other work from 00:00 - 17:11, 26.04.13 or not made the entry so it’s done it for you using the mode that was current when you put your card in.

Put an explanation on the back re the incorrect mode (00:00 - 17:11) & sign it & keep it for 28 days then hand it in.

PS. you might want to check the days since Tuesday as I suspect you may have inadvertently recorded them as other work too.

I’m not sure why the dash recorded more driving than the tacho, maybe it’s added what you did since a tacho break on Tuesday with the 26th. The dash is not a legal device, the tacho is.

MADBAZ:
You’ve put the manual entry in as other work from 00:00 - 17:11, 26.04.13 or not made the entry so it’s done it for you using the mode that was current when you put your card in.

Put an explanation on the back & sign it & keep it for 28 days then hand it in.

Thanks Baz, just checked my printout & I did exactly the same thing.

Jennie, Got any jobs going, there’s some pretty cool hours you’ve got there :sunglasses: 6 hours one night & 3 hours the next just over 500 km for both nights :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:

martinviking:

MADBAZ:

Put an explanation on the back & sign it & keep it for 28 days then hand it in.

Thanks Baz, just checked my printout & I did exactly the same thing.

Jennie, Got any jobs going, there’s some pretty cool hours you’ve got there :sunglasses: 6 hours one night & 3 hours the next just over 500 km for both nights :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Thanks guys so I did mess up :blush:

as you can see thats the 24 hr print out so thats a shift of 1800 - 0430 :laughing: some nights your waiting for ages to be loaded but must admit do like this night drive normally arr back about 0530 - 0600 but fluttered my eyelashes last night to the forkie and was back in loaded straight after brk :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Will I have an infringment then ? and will I have to worry if pulled over ■■

I’ve asked before if anyone knows what happens if you don’t do a manual entry on the type 2 tachographs.

Now I think I know :wink:

With the old type digital tachographs it didn’t matter so much if you didn’t do a manual entry because any time missing while the card was out was regarded as rest.
With the new type 2 digital tachographs you have to manually put in the daily rest period.

What’s happened here is that because you didn’t do a manual entry for rest since the card was last withdrawn “Other work” has been recorded, I’m guessing this is because the tachograph was left on other work when you withdrew the card.

As MADBAZ said the likelihood is that other work has been recorded since the card was withdrawn on Tuesday.

Write an explanation on the printout explaining what time you finished the last shift on Tuesday and started the new shift on the 26th and keep it with you.

Jennie:
Will I have an infringment then ? and will I have to worry if pulled over ■■

You will probably get an infringement because analysis companies tend not to look at explanations written on printouts, hopefully a VOSA bod will be understanding if you get stopped and let you off with a verbal warning.

If you get into the habit of doing manual entries you will be sure this doesn’t happen again :wink:

Here’s a video of how to do manual entries on the new type Siemens digital tachographs.

The default setting can be changed to rest so therefore if you forget to do your manual entry it’ll show up rest for that entire period between shifts when you didn’t work.
When we first had our new motors some drivers were forgetting to do manual entries so they changed the default setting so now no more infringements.

tachograph:
I’m guessing this is because the tachograph was left on other work when you withdrew the card.

Sorry just read this again it automatically defaults to other work when you do your entries the default setting can be changed to poa or rest in the workshop as i explained above.

Thanks for that guys , that video was very helpful thanks ,

bang goes my clean card :frowning: :frowning:

Unknown time? (In the video). Surely he knew what he was doing; either rest or other work (maybe POA) should be accounted for. Nice to see you don’t have to scroll back in time minute by minute on the new digitachs - that would’ve been a right pain. What is the foolproof way to determine the type of digitach?

The unknown time or ? symbol is if you drove an analogue equipped vehicle, therefore your not duplicating your records. There may be other instances where it’s use is valid, I just don’t know them.