What cooler or fridge?

Hi,

I want a fridge or cooler in my truck, now the question I wish to ask is does a cooler do a good enough job of keeping stuff cold? Id like to keep milk, butter, cheese etc in there to make sarnies and cups of tea with. Usually away for a few nights, if not the whole week at a time, I dont mind paying extra and getting a fridge, but only if the coolers are not good enough.

Oh I like my cold drinks to be icy cold as I am always thirsty! Or shall I just move to a company that shifts frozen goods!

I would trust my Waeco over my kitchen fridge!

I tramped all week, and it gently hummed away day and night keeping everything perfect.

Dogmatix:
Hi,

I want a fridge or cooler in my truck, now the question I wish to ask is does a cooler do a good enough job of keeping stuff cold? Id like to keep milk, butter, cheese etc in there to make sarnies and cups of tea with. Usually away for a few nights, if not the whole week at a time, I dont mind paying extra and getting a fridge, but only if the coolers are not good enough.

Oh I like my cold drinks to be icy cold as I am always thirsty! Or shall I just move to a company that shifts frozen goods!

Schmitz make good ones, but you will have to tow it as opposed to putting it in your cab :wink:

My waeco goes down to -18 so how icy do you want your drinks? Last time I used it I had it running non stop on frozen for 3 weeks and had no bother at all with it.

Is that just a cooler? as it sounds more like a fridge from what I have read? Do you have a model number? Where did you get it from? How much did it cost?

ANSWERS MAN I NEED ANSWERS! :angry:

It’s a waeco cdf25 compressor fridge/freezer. You can get one for around £320-330. Yeah expensive but well worth the money. My last truck was a daf ssc which had a fridge in it already so I used the waeco as a freezer, and it was great kept everything frozen solid for 3 weeks

There’s your ANSWER MAN!!! :smiley:

Ta muchly like!

go on roadking.co.uk i just got one from them they are selling ex displays models for £85 or boxed ones for £115. They are waeco 28 lts 12/24 just right for the job by the way you can pick it up from the shop at jacks hill cafe on the a5 at towcester or it is free delivery

But I bet they are coolers and not compressors

daleyboy:
But I bet they are coolers and not compressors

yes they are coolboxes but in uk working 4 nights out thats all you need surely. There is a tescos ,asda,morrisons every 10 miles up the motorway network . If your working 3,4 weeks away in euroland yes invest in a compressor fridge but dont spend bags of money if you are just pottering around the uk that what i did

Yeah but I have always found the coolboxes just not good enough in the summer in uk. Like the op I like my blackcurrant squash icy cold, which my coolbox just couldn’t cope with.

daleyboy:
Yeah but I have always found the coolboxes just not good enough in the summer in uk. Like the op I like my blackcurrant squash icy cold, which my coolbox just couldn’t cope with.

Yea, depends what what you want. A fridge is better than a coolbox but it costs more so it depends what you want. I’ve had both but a coolbox is fine for what I need now,

also a fridge is a lot quieter

i use a waeco coolbox & i never turn it off & its ice cold all the time.

andy.

daleyboy:
It’s a waeco cdf25 compressor fridge/freezer. You can get one for around £320-330. Yeah expensive but well worth the money. My last truck was a daf ssc which had a fridge in it already so I used the waeco as a freezer, and it was great kept everything frozen solid for 3 weeks

is the 25 big enough to be used as a fridge ? i looked at the cf35 to expensive though

To five you an idea. I can get 14 of those Chinese plastic take away containers in mine

daleyboy:
To five you an idea. I can get 14 of those Chinese plastic take away containers in mine

yer that seems big enough you greedy man :laughing: :laughing: i would do the same but sacrifice room for water, and the old danish and not to mention butter and cheese , drumsticks , kitchen sink and a thai bride :smiley:

I got a Waeco from Joost, less than €300, probably gone up a little now though, cracking compressor fridge although probably not needed for the UK anyway.

From the specs it looks like the compressor type is far more battery friendly too. A coolerbox will soon show up any dodgy batteries, as I found out :blush: