What cooler box to get?

Can any one suggest a good cooler box to buy?

Don’t mind paying extra for good quality.

Thanks in advance!

Halfords do a 40 litre one for 79 quid reserve it online and u get 10% off I got one yesterday

largebloke1969:
Halfords do a 40 litre one for 79 quid reserve it online and u get 10% off I got one yesterday

Thanks i will have a look

I’ve given up now, I always manage to break them.

issuu.com/scania-uk/docs/scania- … =%23171717 page 38

Scania sell one, part no2051846, looks like a Waeco, we have them in tractors and are great and surprisingly reliable.

my little waeco cr18 is about 2 years old now.
I think I paid 80 quid for it,from lymm.

Was thinking Waeco myself would prob last

I’ve had a Waeco Mobicool which retails at £100, and it was no better than the Halfords £40 special I’ve got now. I think they’re all a much of a much unless your going to pay £350 for a proper compressor fridge.

Just bear in mind with the weather hopefully warming up they’re not going to keep things as cool as they will in winter.

Had my Halfords cooler box six years now & still going strong think I only paid £25 for it iirc!
Use it all week every week but turn it off at bedtime every night to give it a rest, keeps cool enough overnight.
Clean the vents out every couple of weeks & it runs fine & quiet too.

Aldi do a good one. Paid 30 quid for mine and on the cold setting it will freeze water/squash etc.

Waeco compressor fridge, plug it in, set it up and forget.
Virtually silent with no flat batteries because of the miniscule amount of power they use, and if the truck isn’t started for several days it will shut down before it runs the batteries flat.
Can also be used as a freezer, like down to -20’c :sunglasses: .
Had mine nearly 10 years, not cheap though at £300+