What cooler or fridge?

I bought a Coolmatic in Spain in 1999 Its been used every day since but went a bit mad a few weeks back so it got binned & replaced by a Waeco which is all but identical, money well spent.

Fly sheet

TIP: I use a dirt cheap cooler from Argos, and have one vent angled down into it so the cold air from the aircon goes straight in, even when all the other vents are shut. I self-cater all week, and have no problems at all, things keep just as well as when I had a built-in compressor fridge in my previous motor, even without running it at night. :wink:

Ps. And I don’t eat crap out of tins, either!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucy:
Ps. And I don’t eat crap out of tins, either!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

next time your parked up you can cook me a spread of your finest not out of a tin evening meal , free of charge u understand

Lucy:
TIP: I use a dirt cheap cooler from Argos,

If you mean the one with the motor in the lid, I’ve got one of those and it’s by far the worst coolbox I’ve ever had. I’ve heard quieter helicopters.

its horses for courses Harry

As I dont do a huge amount of nights out I have 1 of these [towsure.com/product/14826-35 ... ith_Wheels](http://www.towsure.com/product/14826-35L_12/240V_Cooler_Box_with_Wheels). I was doing a few day for citylink picking up mail order stuff from the suppliers warehouse in sheffield & noticed they had a trade counter, so while Im waiting for the trailer to be finished loading. I took a walk inside & saw various items that where return orders, inc the coolbox which was a customer return but in A1 condition( the cardboard box was damaged) :unamused: so I paid £25 for it and got em to throw a spare power lead in too

Pop into your local Aldi, I bought one from there 3 weeks ago for 35quid, it`s 12v or mains, hold 6 2ltr bottles and some food and cools to 18d below ambient,( lovely cold drinks) and comes with a 3 year warranty.

Harry Monk:

Lucy:

If you mean the one with the motor in the lid, I’ve got one of those and it’s by far the worst coolbox I’ve ever had. I’ve heard quieter helicopters.

i read that an absorbtion fridge are silent and cheaper but weaco probably make them too, also a company called enzil or etzil seem to do goodins

dowahdiddyman:
Pop into your local Aldi, I bought one from there 3 weeks ago for 35quid, it`s 12v or mains, hold 6 2ltr bottles and some food and cools to 18d below ambient,( lovely cold drinks) and comes with a 3 year warranty.

i had one of those a few years ago & it was really good,never turned it off at night & never bothered batteries,until i plugged it into 24 volt by mistake :frowning: :frowning:

andy

Harry Monk:

Lucy:

That’s the one! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I did have a very poncy water-cooled thing, but the first time the temperature in the wagon dropped below freezing all the pipes froze and blew the seals. I vowed after that never to spend more than the minimum ever again. It’s the Yorkshire in me, look… :blush: :wink:

dustylfc:

Harry Monk:

Lucy:

i read that an absorbtion fridge are silent and cheaper but weaco probably make them too, also a company called enzil or etzil seem to do goodins

Is that a copy of an Engel or did you mean that?

Wheel Nut:

dustylfc:

Harry Monk:

Lucy:

Is that a copy of an Engel or did you mean that?

yer thats them fella i was close with the spelling have u used them?

I got a waeco one from Norwich camping and caravaning in the end, they had a lowest price gaurantee, they where not overly pleased when I went in with details on one I had found for £319, £80 less than their price. Eventually I got it at that price :smiley:

Dogmatix:
I got a waeco one from Norwich camping and caravaning in the end, they had a lowest price gaurantee, they where not overly pleased when I went in with details on one I had found for £319, £80 less than their price. Eventually I got it at that price :smiley:

what size and model was it , and was it recent

That sounds like the cdf25 same as mine for that price. It amazes me the difference in price. When I was researching mine the prices varied from £319-480 for the same thing. I eventually bought mine from here.

worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/wa … idge__3431

I would never bother with a cooler again. I bought an old Waeco when I was in Europe and the compressor was noisy but I am deaf as a stump so it never bothered me. It kept things properly cold and fresh although it could have done with being half as big again.

Over here, Waeco make fridges which are fitted into the sleepers. They are fantastic. I have one in the mighty (although sadly broke down) Pete and I can leave it on permanantly. Even in the depths of winter it doesn’t harm the betteries, although the ambient air means it doesn’t switch on I suppose. But in summer, when we have temps in the mid 40s, it keeps everything stone cold.

For durability and reliability, spend the extra.

daleyboy:
That sounds like the cdf25 same as mine for that price. It amazes me the difference in price. When I was researching mine the prices varied from £319-480 for the same thing. I eventually bought mine from here.

Yep and thats the website I used to get them to drop the price so I could get it yesterday.

Dogmatix:

daleyboy:

Yep and thats the website I used to get them to drop the price so I could get it yesterday.

seems an ideal buy, can you divide the thing up to freeze and another to keep fresh or is it a case of frozen or fresh

Its a case of frozen or fresh, but OMG its amazing having ice cold drinks at any time of the day, especially if you are like me and always thirsty! Best investment ever, will save me a fortune now that I can store stuff to make sandwiches etc etc.

Dogmatix:
Its a case of frozen or fresh, but OMG its amazing having ice cold drinks at any time of the day, especially if you are like me and always thirsty! Best investment ever, will save me a fortune now that I can store stuff to make sandwiches etc etc.

sounds like a good buy, a bit expensive for me at the moment and even the second hand 1’s are rare to find if any, my dilema laptop or waeco