What are Elddis like

I may have the possibility of a tramping job with Elddis out of the Worksop Depot but don’t know much about the wages, conditions etc. I know its very subjective and you always get some who hate and some who like a job/company but has anyone here got any First hand experience of working for them?

Paul.

Bepto:
I may have the possibility of a tramping job with Elddis out of the Worksop Depot but don’t know much about the wages, conditions etc. I know its very subjective and you always get some who hate and some who like a job/company but has anyone here got any First hand experience of working for them?

Paul.

i think a major requirement is you need too be COLOUR BLIND :exclamation: :laughing:

I worked for them 3 years ago,not tramping,i was night shunt/local deliveries.They are fine to work for,bit of a pain sometimes but where isnt.Not sure about the tramping wages but i think it used to be a basic then pence per kilometer.Not a 100% sure tho m8.Post how it goes if you take it and good luck with it. :smiley:

They have massive wind deflectors on their new Mercedes, sorry im no help what so ever :blush:

But they bloody are massive :laughing:

topmixer11:
i think a major requirement is you need too be COLOUR BLIND :exclamation: :laughing:

. . . . . . and learn to spell otherwise normal names, such as Siddle, backwards!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Quite a few years ago I worked for a company that shared a yard with Elddis (in the Midlands). Back then they seemed alright and their drivers didn’t seem to moan that much although IIRC their pay was ‘a bit lower than average’. Having said that, the drivers were based in the North East and I was led to believe that that was okay money for up there.

Like I said, it was quite a while ago so I dare say things might have changed.

I have heard they are quite into their in-cab telemetry and tracking breaks and idle time etc. Only heard this from a driver I was talking to in a layby on the A21 the other day though (ooh-err)

Might not be for you if you like to be left to it?

Just so you know - they are nothing to do with a well known caravan maker with the same name. Not for a very long time anyway.