U P S

Does anyone know what the pay & conditions are for trampers?

Thanks in advance.

Didn’t think they had trampers

Fileep:
Does anyone know what the pay & conditions are for trampers? Thanks in advance.

pretty good :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

They send wagon drags abroad, but only as far as Paris I think.

I imagine you mean out of Dewsbury on the Argos work. It’s been mentioned on here many times. Clean work, max hours, day rate from what I remember :blush:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89104&hilit=dewsbury+jessicas+dad

There’s one thread :wink:

Thanks for that.

Are UPS Logistics the same company as the UPS in the brown livery? If it is I’m Not interested in doing 15 hours for £100 per day!

Fileep:
Thanks for that.

Are UPS Logistics the same company as the UPS in the brown livery? If it is I’m Not interested in doing 15 hours for £100 per day!

Same parent Co … but run as a totally separate Co. runs as UPS - SCS ( Supply Chain Solutions ) I have done this job in the past ( based originally Mill Street East in Dewsbury, then from Shaw Cross ) … was on £95 per day + £20 night out. Expected to MAX yours hours EVERY day … also expected to “run-in” EVERY Saturday … you struggle to get legal Weekend rest.
Mostly trl swaps in Argos / Tesco ( Teesport ) / Amazon … NO sitting waiting to tip :frowning: :frowning:

I was offered £8.50ph out of derby scs, £9.something after 48 with hour a day took off as break and expected to tramp over weekends on regular basis…I politely declined taking it further :smiley:

WHATTT, £95/day to drive a truck…■■?

Jeez… I once heard that UPS were one of the better payers - for full timers at least. I think that was driving the security vans though.

I’ve never driven a wagon & drag, despite being licenced to drive one for yonks. I guess I never will, if firms are going to take the ■■■■ like this.
Tuffnels seem to have the same reputation as well. What about UK mail? :question:

Let’s face it, in “cost of living crisis Britain” - £95 for even an EIGHT hour shift ain’t worth much, let alone practically double those hours per day! :frowning:

Then there’s the “no kip” day cabs.

“When finding yourself in hell - keep on walking.”
W. Churchill

look on the bright side, they have some shiny new DAF’s.

Someone has to be interested :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: :unamused:

trubster:
look on the bright side, they have some shiny new DAF’s.

Ive been overtaken by by some SCS Renaults…

Winseer:
Jeez… I once heard that UPS were one of the better payers - for full timers at least. I think that was driving the security vans though.

I’ve never driven a wagon & drag, despite being licenced to drive one for yonks. I guess I never will, if firms are going to take the ■■■■ like this.
Tuffnels seem to have the same reputation as well. What about UK mail? :question:

Let’s face it, in “cost of living crisis Britain” - £95 for even an EIGHT hour shift ain’t worth much, let alone practically double those hours per day! :frowning:

Then there’s the “no kip” day cabs.

“When finding yourself in hell - keep on walking.”
W. Churchill

The £95/ day is for UPS SCS based @ Shaw Cross & Derby. The wagon & drags are on the UPS “buster-browns” ( as they are called State-Side ) … this is the job that is advertised as “Tues - Sat” … not sure what they pay :question:

On the subject of UPS I noticed it looks like they run trailers from the depot in Kentish Town.
Does anyone know if that is right and if so what the work/pay etc. is like?

Looooo:
On the subject of UPS I noticed it looks like they run trailers from the depot in Kentish Town.
Does anyone know if that is right and if so what the work/pay etc. is like?

Looooo, I left there last year. Nobody seems to go directly employed there. Everyone there started in East London. Pretty much dead man’s shoes. Trunk runs over night to Midlands , East London and airports. Easy work, no getting dirty. Pay was good I think for what expected, sit down, shut up and drive where told. Most times got back on expected times, sometimes you were late back, didn’t moan , take the rough with the smooth

Paul

Thanks for that Paul.

Sounds like a good number.

I thought of looking into it before. I remember someone who did multi drop for them saying something about them never employing you again if you left. Is that a common a thing?

Looooo:
Thanks for that Paul.

Sounds like a good number.

I thought of looking into it before. I remember someone who did multi drop for them saying something about them never employing you again if you left. Is that a common a thing?

While that is true its not set in concrete. We’ve had a few people leave and been re-hired later down the line. It does depend on how you got on in the first place though.