What a donkey!!

Her goes :blush: long story im afraid

Got my run today which was a 19.30 trailer change at Purdy lodge services on the A1 near Berwick.

No problem with that so sets of and i make good time and im up there for 17.30 :sunglasses: When i get there one of ours is already there for a 16.30 changeover but the ā€˜scotch ladā€™ aint arrived yet.

So anyway I drop the legs do the lines on the trailer and pull out and then park infront of the trailer, switch it to break and go for a natter with the other driver.

Now I didnt lock the cab since i was only going to the next vehicle in the line and didnt think nothing of it :blush:

After getting in the other drivers cab and chatting for about 20 minutes his swap arrived so i jumped out and back into my motor and ten minutes later both drivers left. so i put the night heater on and the radio and ate my pack upā€¦

After about another 30 minutes my swap arrived so he pulls up alongside and enquires if i was swapping with Him etc so he then drops the trailer and pulls out from it.

I then go to start up and move under his trailer and realise the keys arent in the ignition :open_mouth: strangeā€¦ they must be in my pocketā€¦Nopeā€¦and then it hit me like a brilliant vivid flashbackā€¦me tossing my keys onto the other drivers dashboard when we were chatting about an HOUR AGOā€¦ :blush: :blush: :blush:

Right time to panic. im stuck in front of my trailer and cant move ive no keys and ive got a guy here wanting to get back up the roadā€¦

Quick call to transport along the lines of ā€œā€ errm ar i think i might have mad a teeney weeeney mistake" no problem was the reply we will ring him and get him to come back

Ten minutes later the phone goes. ā€œwe have tried his cab phone and his mobile and hes not answeringā€ :unamused: :unamused: and thats when i got my second shocking flashback of the evening when i recalled him saying during our chat :arrow_right: ā€œthis cab phones doesnt seem to workā€ :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

All that i think of doing in the end was getting transport to ring a couple of drivers i knew who in turn might know this guys mobile number and for the to ring it. mor chance of him answering a call if it doesnt come up ā€œWORKā€ and eventually it paid off and he answered it however by this time he was the bottom side of newcastle :unamused:

Anyway so the poor guy turns round and brings me my keys back in the end and i managed to get back before him becasue he needed to take another 45 with all the running aboutā€¦

I guess im going to get some stick next week :unamused: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Oh dear, Bones on a Friday night as well!!! PMSL
It always makes me smile when other drivers have the balls to post their daily mishaps ā€¦ somehow I think your thoughts on your reception next week are spot on, Bones lolol

:blush: Easy mistake though, I know the feeling of panic as you relised where the keys where :blush:

lancs123:
:oops: Easy mistake though, I know the feeling of panic as you realised where the keys where :blush:

So are you going to tell us lancs? Or can we just make it up :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :question:

Simon:

lancs123:
:oops: Easy mistake though, I know the feeling of panic as you realised where the keys where :blush:

So are you going to tell us lancs? Or can we just make it up :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :question:

Make it up, Simonā€¦ twill be more fun teehee

nice one bones :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
pmsl i can see you booking a sickie next week :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

Remind me again Bones, what was yesterdayā€™s day date combination? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TheBear:
Oh dear, Bones on a Friday night as well!!! PMSL
It always makes me smile when other drivers have the balls to post their daily mishaps ā€¦ somehow I think your thoughts on your reception next week are spot on, Bones lolol

Some drivers will do anything to get there hours in!!! :blush: