What a week!!!

Hi Folks, be aware this is a bit of a rant…

This week, Monday - Friday, My first run was in a single axle urban trailer, I absolutely hate using it, especially to where I was going, the wee pig of a trailer makes a total ■■■ out of me every time I select reverse gear. The loading bay where I am to reverse onto, is very tight, and there is constant worry about the large stones conveniently placed inches from the kerb where the O.S.F bumper swings round when you straighten up, usually takes me 5+ shunts to get on the bay. Anyway Monday - Thursday, no hassle, Wednesday got straight on, couldn’t believe it!!! Friday was a nightmare, felt like I was at it for about 10-15 mins :frowning: :imp:

Every day this week my second run was to a drop, with a regular 40ft 3 axle trailer, easy reverse up to doors then unload with tail lift. The area has plenty of space and is, always a piece of cake to reverse in… except this week, this week I made a total balls up of it every day, so badly that one of the storemen came up and asked me “Were you out on the sauce last night”

Felt like the gods of driving blessed me in the AM and buggered me up in the PM, Anyone else get days or weeks like this? or is it just me :blush: :cry:

Nah it’s just you, the rest of us are driving Gods! :smiley:

Only joking dude, you had a mare, don’t let it worry you. We all have them from time to time tbh. Usually bad things happen in front of an audience, you ■■■■ up once, place pressure on yourself, ■■■■ up again and heap more self pressure on. Vicious circle really.

Of course the only day you have no audience you blindside the trailer around a series of bends that a snake charmer would struggle with and no bugger is there to see it! :imp:

Cut yourself some slack. Can’t speak for everyone naturally but I’ve had those weeks when driving! I had a small group of great colleagues at the last company who I worked for who were the most genuine supportive blokes going. I could chew their ear off about a bad day/ mistakes and they’d make you feel better instantly as they’d been there themselves and had no arrogance. Ironically wish those guys were in the aviation business, it needs characters like that.