What a Day

is anybody else knackered after thier first day back at work?

i am and i think i am out of practice at getting up in the morning, was up at half 5 this morning to drive to work before the rush at 7 to be at work for 8. got to work at 0650 and sat round chatting to folk about thier xmas and it hit me like a brick wall at about half 2 this afternoon when i got the nodding dog syndrome at my desk.

did anybody else feel like just going home and going back to bed like i did?

the first day back is always a killer for me, i woke at 3 and snoozed till 4-30 trying not to wake the wife.

I was the same.
Up at 4.45am and down to the yard for 6.00am, out of the yard 6.30am and then got stuck on E.Bound M62 enroute to Scarborough from Lancs. Head was nodding in the traffic, had to stop at York and jumped on the bed for an hour. I’m still knackered now.
Dont have to be in til 7.30 in the morning so hopefully I’ll charge my batteries tonight.

up at 1.50am,
in work for 2.30am
of to Manchester - Newcastle

Back for 11.30am
(managed to dodge the M62 congestion
thanks to tomtom :smiley: )

Not too tired,
But owed 3 weeks holidays,
so will bung some in.

First day back today?
Mine was back on the 27 December… :open_mouth:

Don’t feel to bad. Up at 5am in work for 6, on road for 7, back 1pm finished for 1.30.

Did my first day back today, in for 8am.

Did a total of 20 mins work, picking up the truck from the garage where it had been dropped for service before xmas.

As Land Rover dont start production again till the 17th we were sat around all day , as the company im hired out to by the agency is contracted to have 3 drivers available at all times. So 3 drivers, all sat about doing nowt for 7 hours lol.

Got the same deal all week, and found out today that the driver im filling in for is off possibly long term, needs a cardiograph at hospital. So im on this contract till at least the 26th jan.

Paid min of 8 hours at Class 1 rate, doing Class 2 work :smiley:

I was supposed to back on earlies 6am start on the 1st. I took 3 days holiday on top of what I had for christmas and started 3 late shifts - 2pm start yesterday. This will be followed by 3 days off. I’m in for another fortnight after that then off for another fortnight. :wink:

What’s all this crap about the first day back.
I used to be knackered all year round. :smiley: