Weys transport Holland

big gee:
Back in 1990 i was working for Walker transport ( still do ) and we was loading containers in Germany for the first gulf war along with Russell Davis and CCC drivers, we was getting our instuctions from a company called Weys transport in holland, they had yellow trucks Scania’s and Daf’s i think, we had to call into there yard once for diesel it was a very impressive setup they had there, i have not seen any of there trucks over here for year’s, i was wondering if any of you continental boys know if they still exist.

Hi, I worked for Weys in Siebengewald/Heijen near Gennep from 1982 - 1991, it was the best job I’ve ever had, I started on the CCC work then went on to the East Block runs, including Albania. I used to like ■■■■■■■ off the Dutch drivers at the Venlo boarder who done the runs down to Italy, when they came out the customs, and they seen this little Jock getting his belly tanks sealed on a Weys truck.

I went back in 1996 has an owner driver running out of Venlo for them under the Welsi flag, again back on the former east block runs.

I now live in Edinburgh driving for the usual agency’s, when I am asked what experience I have, I stop and think, you wont believe me mate.
I have some photos that I will lookout and post them.

This is a good site for you to have a look.weysintereuropa.hyves.nl/ and follow the links for some good photos and web sites about one of the best Dutch transport companies ever.

i did a few years for Continental Cargo Carriers, sorry for the crap photo of a Weys motor, they were quite a common sight in Felixstowe.

And yes i have seen how old the OP is!

Yes I was in the port a lot, now am doing change overs for DHL, weys still have a big following in Holland.

Back in 1990 i was working for Walker transport ( still do ) and we was loading containers in Germany for the first gulf war along with Russell Davis and CCC drivers, we was getting our instuctions from a company called Weys transport in holland, they had yellow trucks Scania’s and Daf’s i think, we had to call into there yard once for diesel it was a very impressive setup they had there, i have not seen any of there trucks over here for year’s, i was wondering if any of you continental boys know if they still exist.

i have a picture of 2 of their dafs new in the yard, when nippress went belly up my mate removed it from the yard and a while later gave it to me. i think they were much the same company as continental cargo carriers/nippress, (owned by hogg robinson?) but i dont believe they are going anymore. triple c are though, but i dont think on a big scale, they are shipping into ipswich docks i believe with mostly lithuanian trucks doing the uk traction

The name Hogg Robinson rings a bell, i think that was the agent that was in charge of all the milatary work at the time.

I didn’t think Weys were still going.

Thanks anyway, Gary.

Weys Inter Europa were first based at Siebengewald and then at Heijen,just near the German border on the A77.
They were taken over by Hogg Robinson,but I’m not sure if they are still in business.

Got a pic of one of their trucks somewhere,taken at the Truckstar Festival when it was at Zandvoort,I’ll try and dig it out.

Yeah I know,it’s been a long time coming (my filing system isn’t like any other) but here is the pic…

Taken at the 1988 Truckstar Festival in Zandvoort,Holland.

Google says this.

D Freight Group BV acquires Weys Inter Europa( Hogg Robinson )

From The Independant in June 1997

Certainly there will be more pain to come. The sale of Weys, a Dutch transport business which lost £1.3m last year, led to a £3.5m exceptional charge in these figures. There is likely to be a bigger one if the rest of the transport operation, which ranges from a European trailer business to the Ministry of Defence freight contract for the Falklands, sells for the expected price of somewhat over £20m.

KW:
Yeah I know,it’s been a long time coming (my filing system isn’t like any other) but here is the pic…

Taken at the 1988 Truckstar Festival in Zandvoort,Holland.

Thanks for that photo Keith.