VERHAEGH Holland

Back in the late nineties I often used to see a little Dutch guy driving a Merc unit belonging to Verhaegh Transport from time to time. He would often park up in Chickenall Lane Eastleigh whenever he came over, which was quite often. I havent seen him or the company he worked for for a number of years. Does anyone out there know if the company is still in existence. :slight_smile:

Old Bear:
Back in the late nineties I often used to see a little Dutch guy driving a Merc unit belonging to Verhaegh Transport from time to time. He would often park up in Chickenall Lane Eastleigh whenever he came over, which was quite often. I havent seen him or the company he worked for for a number of years. Does anyone out there know if the company is still in existence. :slight_smile:

This company operates out of Deurne in Holland. I used to know some of the drivers who did Morocco work. One of them was English. I’m not sure what became of them when the garment work started to dry up in North Africa but I suspect they continued with Romania. Here are a couple of photos I took in Tangiers port when I was working in the mid-2000s. Robert

After owner/director Jan Verhaegh died in 2006 and after the take-over of the (empty) company of John Mann
it went bankrupt…possibly also the many foreign offices. By then with 210 employees and 150 chassis.

Here a Dutch link, however it’s unknown for me that they had Mercedes-Benz in their fleet.

chauffeursforum.nl/index.php … bv-deurne/

Geeze what some outfit they were day and night running did not come near it, over weight most of the time as well. they did some work for Solstor as did we back in the day and some times we transhipped loads of there trucks to come to England as they did not dare risk getting caught over here, they would have been parked up for a week. Back in those days every one did a bit extra but there were limits but not for them, they could show the Irish how to do it and that’s saying something, how things have changed over the years eh, Buzzer.

VERHEAEGHâ– â– ?

I’d say bless you, but if you must insist on snorting that stuff…

I agree, leave it and think of the positive experiences…I hear you

At that time quite some transport-companies on garment/clothes (to name DKS: Deutsche Kleider Spedition,
but also Noël Maes, Van Gend & Loos, J.P. Jansen, Bleckmann, Jan de Lely and others) faced low margins.
So at the end of the day (year) reorganisations were effected.