Westmidlands LGV training

One of my old man’s mates is looking into doing his HGV training. When I was getting the ball rolling with my theory and stuff he mentioned to me that he’d been looking into 1st class trucking.

I spoke to my Dad today and he said that his mates getting more and more interested in it as he’s fed up of his current work and that reminded me of the provider he mentioned and this thread regarding the provider.

Obviously from the above link they have claimed they are DSA approved when they are not. Does anyone have any other information on them, are they a good bunch to learn with? I see they offer finance, they have a section regarding jobs and an 0800 phone number and I also couldn’t find anything stating where they are based. So at first glance I thought they were a broker but then I saw they are not on the broker list, they also have their own branded vehicles according to the images on their site. So I would have said they aren’t brokers? I also can’t see them on the TNUK aproved list?

So if anyone has any info on them I’d love to hear it. Or any other training providers in the Coventry and Warwickshire area, I did see “A1” on the TNUK aproved list but their site no longer exists.

Cheers

Is this the website for “A1 TRAINING GROUP” ■■

If so the link is broken in the TNUK list.

Obviously from the above link they have claimed they are DSA approved when they are not.

So what else do you need to know for crying out loud!!! Why deal with a company that tells downright lies??

OK OK chill out. I was asking general advice on training in the area, which is why I asked it anyone can recommend any other providers.

Hey there I’ve just done my class 2 with Hughes driver training/ a1 in garretts green and they were fantastic and they are reccommended on TNUK they cover a large area of the midlands

DaveRichards:
Hey there I’ve just done my class 2 with Hughes driver training/ a1 in garretts green and they were fantastic and they are reccommended on TNUK they cover a large area of the midlands

Cheers mate

I gather your happy with the training then yeah. Was it 1 to 1 training?

I was speaking with a chap only yesterday who had paid a lot of money for his class1 training (with 1st Class trainng) that was due to stat this Monday. This poor chap is still waitng to hear from 1st Class to confrim everything is still as planned.

For some reason 1st Class are not answering there phones. Are they still tradiing?

Whoever you decide to go wih you MUST visit them, have a look at the vehicles and check out the traning centre. Make sure it meets your aspirations. Please dont pay anyting over the phone before you do your research.

I wish you luck

hgvlgvtraining (just google my use name)

I couldn’t fault them tbh mate they were brilliant it not 1 to 1 it’s 2 to 1 but I preferred it that way it was excellent

hgvlgvtraining, its not me doing the training I’ve already passed C & C+E (waiting on my CPC which is booked for June 29th) its my dad’s mate.

I will let him know about the things 1st class have been up to as it is a lot of money to throw away if things don’t go to plan.

I’ll tell him to check out A1 I’m sure their not too far for him.

Cheers

LR18-8:
Is this the website for “A1 TRAINING GROUP” ■■

Hi LR18-8,

Yes, that’s the one mate.

LR18-8:
If so the link is broken in the TNUK list.

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ve nipped in and fixed the link now, so the job’s a good 'un. :wink: :smiley:

Hi Mate, I just passed my mod 4 cpc practical yesterday so am now looking for work! I did my initial cat c training with Eddie at Byrne Training in Yardley, Birmingham.07593 258440
Top blokes, wont rip you off and they will try n go that extra mile to help you pass. Throughly reccomended. Also I did my CPC mod 4 training with Trev at MTS training in Willenhall, Wolvs. 01902 866 510
Again a top top bloke, not out after your money. I would deff give either of these two a call. Tell em James the Drummer sent ya!! :wink:

Hope this helps and good luck!

i did my class 2 with A1 and my forklift and hiab aswell couldnt fault them brilliant bunch of lads ,

Hughes are good, I went with att training in redditch