West Yorkshire

I worked at R M for three years proper to him selling up in 99. I know one of the scanias N751 went to Fagan and Whalley and the newest Volvo at the time P680 went to Fred Greenwood who still has it. Does anyone have any photos?

I got Scania PN52 JVT brand new when at Fagan & Whalley… Only 2 axle but plated to pull 40 tons !!

Does anyone have any pics of the following companies:

R M Transport from Luddendenfoot near Halifax
Bowler International from Bradford then Cleckheaton
W W Potter From Bradford
D & MA Sunderland from Halifax
Joe Dean and Sons again from Halifax

Any info or pics would be most appreciated thanks

potter was from halifax he had some wagons briefly in bannon and wards yard in bradford :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

He was he had them in the old goods yard at Sowerby bridge for a while and then moved to a yard at Queensbury. He had a very nice 143 topline with a tag axle on a p plate

R M Transport was owned by Richard Midgely who sold up and emigrated to Australia ,he used to sub to Bowler International running to Spain. W W Potter moved from Sowerby Bridge to Mandale Mills at Wibsey with Bannon & Ward doing Bannons work to Italy. I did a few trips for Billy Potter & also for Bannon. I was in Italy with Kenny Waterhouse at Carissio when Bannon went bump, stuck for 4 days to get load home. Kenny finally got a load from Chico at Como, I loaded from Prato after Bill Eastan (ex James C Ashworth ) brought us £800 each running money as cards no good.

Potter had a few motors at Mandale Mills and Paul Bannons son Adrian was the lad that run it.Colin … i`ve forgotten his second name was next door he ran a few Scanias too on continental

Has anyone got any photo’s they could kindly share on here?
I have some of D & MA Sunderland of Halifax, i will scan and post on here, when i get home :unamused: