Looking for 142 scania D142RCW

D142RCW was owned by me, Jeff Watson at that time was owner driver running for F Swain & Sons Adlington Cheshire. just thought I’D fill in the gaps. it was first owned by Wolstenholme Preston then Sam longson bought them out when I first sore the truck it was painted in Longson’s colour’s but with Wolstenholme name on the side. I owned it for nine years on UK/EUROPE mostly uk paid better, in all those years it never broke down, I had the mid lift fitted at euro axles Silverdale nr Stoke had problems with the chassis cracking had to go back twice tossers they were. but saved plenty money on road tax but looking back it was a better truck as a 4x2. the only engine work done was new main/big end shells and a set of valve guides done by me (ex truck fitter) to my knowledge same clutch fitted by factory I never put brake linings on it but gave that full power trailer brake some hammer, did have some springs fitted but overhaul really top motor sad to see it go swopped it for a 113 softer seat but not as good as old Hercules still miss that truck probably long since scrap now but looking back me and old Hercules had some good times up in those Italian mountains and the M6/M1 shuffle.

D142RCW was my first scani anybody know where it is

Was that Wolstenholmes’ on EBT?

I think D 142 RCW will have been supplied by Haydock Commercials because we had D 144 RCW
They may be able to help

it was green and wight big crome bumber mid lift.i bought it when i was 21 was like a dog with 2 dicks.got done speeding on a11 5 in morning doing 79mph in 40 got 4points 400 pound fine,first thing cop said as opened pas door was god boy she goes well are you loaded. yes i replied full weight…dont make trucks like that anymore.

Taken advice from one who will definitely know, and D142RCW was new to W.R Wolstenholme from Preston, it was their first Scania and rather than being their usual Dark Blue and Red, it was in Schmidt Light Grey and Ensign Blue pulling a powder tank for EBT on a Euro book. Of course it was a 4x2 then with hydraulics and powder blower. When Wolstenholmes’ sold out to Sam Longson, the three Scanias on EBT were sold off. We think, but would stand to be corrected that its first driver was Brian Whitlock. That number plate caused Haydock Commercials no end of trouble with other customers thinking that they should have got it.

thanks for that was a few years old when i had it and it did have granning mid lift fited later. good truck made me lot of money.only sold due to comfort level went to f reg 143 streamliner on air cab.

143 sreamliner on a F plate :question: They didn’t come out till J plate early nineties. :slight_smile:
or did you mean topline :question: [/list]

Probably means topline Gallachers had an F reg 143 topline .
He`s welcolme to that 142 I had one on a D plate had 450 in out of a G plate went very well but I needed a crane hoist to get me out of the cab at the end of the shift (Scania Back)

sorry meant topline. and yes got rid off 142 cause of ride was bad but lorry so good.

greek:
Gallachers had an F reg 143 topline

they did - F310EDB, new to Mick Pollard from Trawden (Colne) and I went to Italy in her first trip out :sunglasses: would be interested to know if anyone knew where her sister F750JNB ended up? both were in scania dragon red (orange) with silver chassis and cab stripes

Thats the one 72 drove that one a couple of times it also went well
but it was in Gallachers colours at the time.
Think it went about 6/7yrs ago :exclamation:

the one in the pic D144 RCW ended up with Carl Rigby from Preston on boxes

Think he chopped it in to West Pennine in about '98 for a 143 topliner ex EPS

Thought this had gone JJ72 but was in Gallachers yard this morning still on the road but just for trailer testing & stuff

D142RCW has been off the road since 2000

nice one greek - good to see her again :smiley:

jj72:

greek:
Gallachers had an F reg 143 topline

they did - F310EDB, new to Mick Pollard from Trawden (Colne) and I went to Italy in her first trip out :sunglasses: would be interested to know if anyone knew where her sister F750JNB ended up? both were in scania dragon red (orange) with silver chassis and cab stripes

our firm years ago (was there before i started 6 years ago) had F312 EDB which was a 4x2 p cab scania think it was a 310 not too sure, but on the headboard it had N.W.E.S which is a truck/trailer rental firm,

hope anything of this helps??