Well Never saw this Coming THis Morinng

Yesterday (Monday) our entire fleet had no work so all the driver including me spent the day cleaning the trucks & generally trying to find something to do.

Not so bad today only two of us with no work including me. About 20 mins after getting in I get called into the gaffers office. He says he going to give me a warning about my attitude :open_mouth: :confused: .
He the accuses me of sitting doing crosswords for 2 hours yesterday (BS).
When I say I wasn’t it descended in to him shouting & swearing at me. Then he says he going to cut my wages.

It ends up with me saying there is no point me working there if he wont pay me properly so I’m told to F off.

It’s not the first time I had this kind of thing with little bag of [zb] & I’ve seen him use the same bully boy tactics against others, but it;s ended up with me out of work & having to start tribunal proceedings.

Would love to say who he is but I know i cant. :imp:

Anyone know of any good employment law solicitors in the Midlands â– â– 

Censor dodge removed. L.

seems to me that he pushed you into quitting so he doesn’t have to pay you while the work’s slack. He sounds a right [zb]

Censor dodge removed.L.

Not in a union?

woody2808:
seems to me that he pushed you into quitting so he doesn’t have to pay you while the work’s slack. He sounds a right [zb]

Yep. Thinking about it yesterday all the logos were removed off my truck. A remarkable coincidence.

Sounds like he wants to scale his fleet down? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

And his workforce, you will hopefully find another job in next few days and not have to worry too much, best of luck to you :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

could be that he has to downsize due to the current economic climate, and by using bullying tactics, you’ve walked and just reduced his wage bill.

No way to do business in my opinion, take the goon to the cleaners for whatever you can

looks to me if you have a case of constructive dismissal :exclamation:

Happened to me a couple of years ago! eventually got some money through arguing directly with them, but it took about 7 months!

Good luck mate.

Alex

If he is that short of work then likely he will go under anyway so you may be best out of it. I certainly wouldnt work for someone like that.

Good Luck.

Take them to the cleaners mate - im going through a similar situation where i am but havent quit(yet) as i give as good as i get - stick to your guns and make them regret it :smiley:

Are you able to prove it?? Your word against his, he can say you walked out?? Bear in mind that a solicitor will say you have a case as he holds out his hand taking your money. Getting a case for constructive dismissal(which on your word it is) is hard to prove.

if youre not in a union,citizens advice beaurau will give you free impartial advice on how to go about things.good luck

Dont EVER join a union them â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  DO sit about doing crosswords ALL day go to an industrial tribunal it sounds like you may have a case for constructive dismissal I.E. you quit for a reason.

Otherwise just get another job and put it down to experience.

You can get some general advice free by having a word with ACAS who have an office in birmingham, they will give you impartial advice on wether wou have a claim against your former employer or not before you go spending your cash at solicitors.

Others should note that this will be a sign of the times that unscrupulous bosses
of both big and small firms wishing to cut back on staff will use any method to avoid paying redundancy if they need to cut back on staff and allthough you dont say how big your fleet was it doesn`t sound very good for the whole fleet to be parked up.

Good Luck

Was this bloke the main boss (director/proprietor) or the arsewipe in the office who thinks he’s the boss?

It is definately constructive dismissal.

However, In any workplace, Haulage or not, Bullying is not to be tollerated these days.
Lets face it if you chat a bird up in the office you may get your leg over or end up in court. So that ■■■ doesn’t stand a chance.

Citizens advice will point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the advice & best wishes folks.

Secretelephant:
Yesterday (Monday) our entire fleet had no work so all the driver including me spent the day cleaning the trucks & generally trying to find something to do.

Not so bad today only two of us with no work including me. About 20 mins after getting in I get called into the gaffers office. He says he going to give me a warning about my attitude :open_mouth: :confused: .
He the accuses me of sitting doing crosswords for 2 hours yesterday (BS).
When I say I wasn’t it descended in to him shouting & swearing at me. Then he says he going to cut my wages.

It ends up with me saying there is no point me working there if he wont pay me properly so I’m told to F off.

It’s not the first time I had this kind of thing with little bag of [zb] & I’ve seen him use the same bully boy tactics against others, but it;s ended up with me out of work & having to start tribunal proceedings.

Would love to say who he is but I know i cant. :imp:

Anyone know of any good employment law solicitors in the Midlands â– â– 

If an employer intends issuing a warning,whether verbal or written, he has to ask you if you wish to have your Union Rep, (if in a union) or a work colleague present to act as a witness to any disciplinary procedure.
Never get yourself into a situation where it is 1:1 or 2:1 in management’s favour.
As soon as the word warning or disciplinary gets mentioned get out of there and get a witness,pronto.

Yeah the pressures of not making any money have taken their toll on him and he’s breaking under the pressure and taking it out on everyone around him

He deffo gonna shut the company down and do something on a smaller basis

Good luck with getting anything out of it but reside yourself in the knowledge that you had a head start on the other lads in getting a new job

Good luck to you matey, I hope you find something quick

the economic climate hits transport?manufacutring first ,as an avid JOBWATCHER over the years and UKas a whole ,for the time off year there aint a lot happening, as i said months a go grab a job and holed onto it ,
(famous last words) trying to get on another MOD contract myself ,WAR seems to be good buisness .