Well n truly shafted!

:smiley: I put an ad in the Truck & Driver section a few months back and got a phone call a few weeks back(great i thought after not working since oct)so had a few phone calls with this bloke bout work,wages,truck start date,arranged 2 start on 8/6,got a phone call on 30/5 about 19.30 asking if i could start on the sunday(31/5)yep no probs,ran up to Bredbury .,Stockport and met this guy had a chat and seemed genuine,he took my motor i took his truck,easy work on fridges,on tuesday he asked me if i knew any drivers?yep gave him acouple of numbers and a mate swapped over with me on thursday afternoon n i came home another bloke started on this day too.I ended having this week off as my mate had 24hrs off awy from base and carried on,boss rings me can u come to work on weds and let this other bloke take ur motor home(90 miles)no sorry dont know him n hes not insured,ok he says fair enough he can stay on it till friday and you can start back on mon 14/6,so i get a call of a m8 who knows this bloke n sez hes on his way home as hes been told the boss cant pay him :imp: so i rings the boss and asks him yeah thats right he says,so i ring the lad i swapped with n tell him so he rings him up and gets told the same and he then finds out he still owes a driver 2 weeks money that used to work for him a few months back :slight_smile: so this lads down in bristol on his way back to lancs today and he meets the boss to do a trailer swap and asks him face 2 face about wages only to be told the money hes owed hasnt gone into the bank today (should have been bacs transfer today)it will be in there monday,then he sez hes lost his bank card today too,so im owed 5 days &4 n/o,my mate 9 days & 9n/o and the other lad 7 day & 7 n/o and it looks like we not gettin paid,will name and shame the bloke when im 100% sure im not gettin paid as im only 99.9% sure at the moment

Sorry to hear that. What a â– â– â– â– â– â– ! Chin up

Send a letter to the local TC decribeing what has happened with all
the facts, plus also write to the local VOSA office as well, he is required to be of good repute and repeatedly not paying workers wages ,means that he is not
of good repute, so his licence may be in question,

thanks brit pete i`ll bear that in mind,seems like the only way :smiley:

i think you can safely say you aint gonna get paid

what a zb! Sounds like a petrol bomb might be in order! Also contact the police if he’s had you working with no intention of saying that’s pure and simple fraud.

well chin up got an interveiw @prestons of potto 2 moro :smiley:

do another run for him…then "impound"his truck till he pays you?

xamtex:
do another run for him…then "impound"his truck till he pays you?

i agree with this. just take his truck and tell him he can have it back when you get paid. just dont leave your car with him. also keep your tacho’s and tell him he ain’t getting them till you get paid. he could be reported for missing milage, although he sounds like he won’t give a toss. however when vosa call about it i can reasure you he will give a toss. NAME him before he rips someone else off.

That happened to me in the early 80’s. I took his unit and hid it. When I got home I wrote to the boss and told him if he wants his truck back he’s going to have to come up with some cash. The police turned up at my gaff that evening, several times the next day and for several days after. I didn’t answer the door for three days so there was nothing they could do. Anyway, once I felt the letter had been delivered I opened the door. I got arrested on the spot for suspicion of taking and driving away. I told them I had a lean on the vehicle due to the dispute over payment. I got the good cop, bad cop grilling off the feds but wouldn’t give up the location until I had seen the cash. The police told the boss they had me in the station and he came charging down and one of the coppers went out to reception to see him. When he got back he had my cash and agreed with me that the boss was a total ■■■■■■■■. He counted the cash out in front of me, so I told them where I’d hidden the truck. Once it was established the truck was OK, I got let out. No charges, just a pocket full of cash.

He who laughs last laughs loudest and i’ve always found ringing Vosa better than the samaritans! Hope you get even/your money.

you could take a leaf out of volvo boys book :wink: :laughing: :laughing: sorry only kidding TAXI :blush: :unamused:

DOLLY BLACK SHEEP:
well chin up got an interveiw @prestons of potto 2 moro :smiley:

When you go for your interview at Pottos do not tell them what just happened to you. If you do, then you 'll come across as less than smart and might not be the type of driver they are looking for.

Small claims court, with your tacho’s as evidence of work done, ring the local, trade and national papers and let them do the rest.

moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp

If nothing else it will take up his time when he can’t rip off another potential victim.

hes told 1 of the lads he will pay us monday and hes spoke to the x driver and he cant praise him enough :unamused: so well wait and see,but the other lad sez he will still work for him after he gets paid?but as i said to him it will be the same the week after due to his cash flow problems!!so ill see what tomorrow brings and what happens on monday :confused: if he had said its monthly pay after the 1st weeks pay i would have been a different story :confused: so i wont name and shame him just yet :slight_smile:

Dol,

His cashflow problems shouldn’t have to affect your cashflow problem. Fully agree with previous posts, send the letter. If he was having money problems from receiving payments from other customers, he perhaps should have been upfront and honest with you. Sorry it hasn’t worked out. Good luck for you interview in the week. Is that running out of Newark?

Keep the truck, threaten him that if he dosent pay up within 24hrs you will take the truck to your local VOSA centre and leave it there !!!

F10 Globetrotter:
Dol,

His cashflow problems shouldn’t have to affect your cashflow problem. Fully agree with previous posts, send the letter. If he was having money problems from receiving payments from other customers, he perhaps should have been upfront and honest with you. Sorry it hasn’t worked out. Good luck for you interview in the week. Is that running out of Newark?

wonder if it’s the chap on brunel drive,northern road ind est…started clearing his yard out a month ago,that’s where BRICKTROTTERXL used to park along with 4 more of my mates on the brick/block job.

V8Actros:

F10 Globetrotter:
Dol,

wonder if it’s the chap on brunel drive,northern road ind est…started clearing his yard out a month ago,that’s where BRICKTROTTERXL used to park along with 4 more of my mates on the brick/block job.

no chris its running out there yard @ knottingley :smiley: the other bloke is from chorley :wink: does that mean theres a yard empty now in newark the mr b :question: i did ring a bloke in newark about a brick/block job but never got a response :cry:

DOLLY BLACK SHEEP:

V8Actros:

F10 Globetrotter:
Dol,

no chris its running out there yard @ knottingley :smiley: the other bloke is from chorley :wink: does that mean theres a yard empty now in newark the mr b :question: i did ring a bloke in newark about a brick/block job but never got a response :cry:

who was that then dolly??there was a chap last month advertising for 4 brick/block class1’s on our job.