SKM haulage.grays

Went for interview… They want you to sign that you will pay for any damage to vehicle or 3rd party’s… Who intends to smack N/side step…cost you £500…not starting but bloke said its because insurance has increased because of damage done by certain drivers who’s references are not checkable… .NOT taking job said to him just because you chose drivers who at the time seemed financially attractive don’t see why I have to make up your mistakes. PS its wrong of me to say where he sought them drivers from

Wow, one silly mistake and a whole months wages could disappear.

I went to a job couple years ago…non hgv…still driving, same thing as you £350iirc, told em shove it, WAS ON MINIMUM WAGE TOO :imp:

I completely understand their stance, but I wont respect it as same as you its not your fault they have employed tools.

THIS IS WHY HAULIERS SHOULD OFFER TRAINING TO DECENT HONEST PEOPLE AND CONTRACT THEM IN TO A DECENT WAGE INSTEAD OF EMPLOYING MONKEYS FOR NUTS AND PUNISHING THOSE THAT FOLLOW THEM!!!

■■■■■■■ cowboys, don’t give them the time of day, seen too many of their ■■■■■■■ drivers cutting people up on the roads, give them a wide berth, and I do hope they go out of business, they really give drivers a bad name.

Sapper

I would have probably told him the reason he’s implementing it because he’s only employing low grade or desperate drivers. Anyone who signs up to that is a mug

You ain’t missing much always advertising on Facebook groups for drivers.
Money ain’t much cop think work is all back of the truck mags type subbing general haulage which pays rock bottom rates.
Based in the east London Essex area there are lots of better jobs about so I’d imagine they only get the bottom of the barrel taking jobs

This laughable outfit should not be in business if they cannot afford to operate in a proper in and correct manor.minimum wage and self insure bet they must be beating a path to the door.

I phoned about 2 years ago as they were advertising heavily week in week out looking for drivers, and promising good money (as most haulage operators do when they desperate for drivers) , I asked a few questions and knew straight away that to earn what they were promising you’ll have to Max your hours every week plus run around like mad.
I see them sometimes on the road and they do look like they always sit on the speed !limited, plus their drivers look tired and dirty as if the company didn’t allow them to have enough time to rest properly and clean themselves.
I would definitely be staying away from this dodgy outfit.