Well, Failed on Friday!

started my training last monday, took my test on the friday and failed,

got the impression from the examiner that i was going too fast when he said its not a rally car,

what really [zb] me off though is the fact the my instructor was forever telling me, “john, your too slow pick it up a bit”

so naturally on the test i tried not to go too slow, in all honesty i reckon if i drove the way i wanted too (and thought i shought have) i think i’d have past, now im feeling well sick, the thought of going for another test, forking out more money which i could do with,

seriously wondering if its worth the bother/time/money

rant over

I appreciate the sentiment, but it had to go…Btw, all the best people pass second time. L. :wink:

i know how you feel mate…get yourself together & get a test booked ASAP.
You will be well chuffed once you have the pass ticket in your hand.

Strangely enough most of us have been there. Well I have and felt exactly the same, it was worth it in the end though. So keep on trying next time might be a doddle.

Go back and give it your best shot. a steady safe drive is what most examiners are looking for .good luck.

It took me 3 goes to get my CE.

I’m gonna waffle a bit now, but hope to ‘inspire.’

Test 1 FAILED, didnt even get out of the test centre, jacknifed the reverse, lost all heart, leaned out of the window and told the examiner I was terminating the test. (I just could not get to grips with the whole reversing idea and was beaten before Id even started.)

Test 2 FAILED. Having perfected the reverse I began my reverse taking my time, only to notice the exmainer acing back and forth huffing and puffing and staring at her watch, making it clear I was taking too long, that put me off straight away, reverse was perfect BTW. Didnt end there, she got in the cab and proceeded to tell me off because I had taken too long and she was outraged that Id had the audacity to request a brief stop whilst I remove my wallet from my pocket. she directed me to an area at the bottom of the yard then screamed STEER STEER STEER at me. The truck gave a huge thump as it hit an unmarked/coned pothole. (Confidence destoyed by thtis stage) “Well thats not a very good start” sge said “You have failed before you even started” She REALLY said this.

Threw towel in again.

Told instructor what had happened he went BERSERK.

We got the supervising examiner there and then, and after an investigation we got a free restest at a station of our choice with an examiner of our choice.

Test 3 PASSED. 3 minors. OVER THE MOON.

Was it worth it?

SURE WAS!

(Even though Im stuck on x reg Merc rigids !!!)

I wouldnt worry at all, get back in there. Do the test , I intend to sooner or later when Ive got the money.

One of the drivers I work with took 13 ( yes thats thirteen ) attempts.

passed my test 2day

6 minor faultys, that’ll do me though :slight_smile:

well done, good on you
13 attempts eh? thats dedication for you, most ive heard of was 6

john_d:
passed my test 2day

6 minor faultys, that’ll do me though :slight_smile:

Very well done in passing and for picking yourself up when things looked bleak

My instructor told me a story about an Indian guy from Walsall that has had 17 attempts at his class 2 licence and apparently no test station will pass him now presumably on principle that he’s unfit to drive, whether that’s true/legal or not is another matter.

Well done sir!! :smiley:

Job done…

Congratulations!!!