Failed - AGAIN ............

Tthree attempts at Class I (although I didn’t actually go out on the drive for the second test cos I mucked up the reverse, so couldn’t see the point in bashing my self-confidence even more). Trouble is, I get worse on every test, more mistakes, even ran a red light on the last one - have NEVER done that in my life before. Any advice for a demoralised wannabe … and should I give it another go…

Yeah keep on going, took me my 4th attempt.

You will pass it next time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Paul

Keep going, if you stuff up the reverse id personally do the test anyway, I paid my £250 odd quid so i’d want to get as much practice as possible. And at least if you know you’ve already failed the pressure is off a bit :wink:

bad luck mate. but stick at it you WILL get there.

yes go for it. its worth it in the end :slight_smile:

HI l1b8y - welcome to trucknetuk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Had one of my trainees fail for the 3rd time today on C+E due to EXTREME NERVES again - he could not work out HOW to start the reverse :open_mouth: - his brain turns to jelly even at the mention of the word TEST.
He has now decided that he cannot put his health at risk any more so will not be back - bloody shame really as he is great when not on test and I am so bored when with him as I have very little to say.

As an instructor, I can see the potential in a trainee and I am sure that your instructor must see the same in you if the recommendation is to go for it again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is it just silly stupid things that you do on test day or do you have a general problem every time you drive the artic :question:

keep at it mate, give it another try and if u dont manage it next time then have a re evaluate, maybe get another 6mths class2 experience in before trying again.

yes as the all the other members have said do not give up
you will pass and,by the way not all of us here passed
the test straight away.and lets be honest the reward at the
end is well worth all the trouble it takes, when you do your next
test just try to relax and give the examiner a safe ride ,and also
show that you are in control, YOU will pass mate,do not give it up.

i’m having the same with my car test but keep going i am and i am gonna pass next for sure

Keep at it, I aso failed class c 3 times a different class but just as nerve wrecking on the day, I am demoralised but fully intend to retest with more hours in january im thinking 8 hours plus test or a full week again, If money was no object everyone would just keep plugging away at it.

ROG:
HI l1b8y - welcome to trucknetuk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Had one of my trainees fail for the 3rd time today on C+E due to EXTREME NERVES again - he could not work out HOW to start the reverse :open_mouth: - his brain turns to jelly even at the mention of the word TEST.
He has now decided that he cannot put his health at risk any more so will not be back - bloody shame really as he is great when not on test and I am so bored when with him as I have very little to say.

As an instructor, I can see the potential in a trainee and I am sure that your instructor must see the same in you if the recommendation is to go for it again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is it just silly stupid things that you do on test day or do you have a general problem every time you drive the artic :question:

Don’t seem to have major problems on lessons, the odd 'keep right/left, watch your inside on this roundabout, etc, nothing major. Failed my first attempt on, would you believe, gear changing exercise - thought I had gone down to first, but was actually in second! How stupid is that! Had major problems with reverse, but seem to have got the hang of that since abandoning the truck on the test centre reverse pad at my second attempt, and on this test, just popped it in first time (though not the same in the real world of deliveries I’m sure). Did okay until about half way round, hit a kerb on a tight left turn, knew I had failed, and went to pieces. But have now booked a couple more lessons… hate the idea of giving up cos I just love driving the things. Thanks for all the support from you all.

l1b8y:

ROG:

Don’t seem to have major problems on lessons, the odd 'keep right/left, watch your inside on this roundabout, etc, nothing major. Failed my first attempt on, would you believe, gear changing exercise - thought I had gone down to first, but was actually in second! How stupid is that! Had major problems with reverse, but seem to have got the hang of that since abandoning the truck on the test centre reverse pad at my second attempt, and on this test, just popped it in first time (though not the same in the real world of deliveries I’m sure). Did okay until about half way round, hit a kerb on a tight left turn, knew I had failed, and went to pieces. But have now booked a couple more lessons… hate the idea of giving up cos I just love driving the things. Thanks for all the support from you all.

GOOD - Just a case of keeping it together for just over 1 hour then - KEEP AT IT.

l1b8y:
Tthree attempts at Class I (although I didn’t actually go out on the drive for the second test cos I mucked up the reverse, so couldn’t see the point in bashing my self-confidence even more). Trouble is, I get worse on every test, more mistakes, even ran a red light on the last one - have NEVER done that in my life before. Any advice for a demoralised wannabe … and should I give it another go…

Dont give up mate. I was in similar situation to you, I also didnt go out on 1st test due to cocking up reverse, but stuck at it and got it eventually. If you quit now its all wasted isnt it. Good luck next time

The more times you fail a test the worse it seems to get doesnt it?
Problem is, you sort of get used to failing so go into the next test feeling strung out and wondering about failing again.
Try to think real positive and forget the last tests and tell yourself that this time is the one.
You have passed one test already - your cat c, so you know you can do it.
Keep at it mate - you cant afford to give up now.

it took me 4 goes to do it mate just keep goin you’ll crack it in the end

(just pretend he’s not there and try gum it worked for me )

well that and a 50 quid bet that with my then gaffer that i couldn’t do it

and he paid up aswell :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :smiley:

hit a kerb on a tight left turn, knew I had failed,

My advice would be:
Don’t examine yourself, the guy sitting next to you is paid to do that and he has a lot more experience of doing so.

What I mean is: if you make a mistake forget about it, it’s too late for you to correct anything you have already done and the examiner may not see it as a serious fault.

Your job is to drive the vehicle safely and professionally, if you are doing that you don’t have time to do the examiner’s job too.

Keep at it, you’ve come too far to walk away now.

Good luck for the fourth and final test.

obi-wan:

hit a kerb on a tight left turn, knew I had failed,

My advice would be:
Don’t examine yourself, the guy sitting next to you is paid to do that and he has a lot more experience of doing so.

What I mean is: if you make a mistake forget about it, it’s too late for you to correct anything you have already done and the examiner may not see it as a serious fault.

Your job is to drive the vehicle safely and professionally, if you are doing that you don’t have time to do the examiner’s job too.

Keep at it, you’ve come too far to walk away now.

Good luck for the fourth and final test.

Thanks for that. You’re right, every time he lifts his clipboard I shrink a bit more inside. Going to give it my best shot cos it’s what I really want to do.

I’m a shocking reverser. was only a 50/50 to pass my test on the second attempt but did it. now I have been driving for 18 months and still stuff it up some times. persist. When you are driving by your self its the best feeling and worth the anguish of the test.

meggala:
I’m a shocking reverser. was only a 50/50 to pass my test on the second attempt but did it. now I have been driving for 18 months and still stuff it up some times. persist. When you are driving by your self its the best feeling and worth the anguish of the test.

Thanks for that. Seems that once I had learned to reverse, I then forgot how to drive forwards lol. Had a lesson yesterday, which I am relieved to say went well, so going to give it another go. Glad you are enjoying your driving, and I agree, it feels fantastic when things go well behind the wheel.

Rizz:
Keep at it, I aso failed class c 3 times a different class but just as nerve wrecking on the day, I am demoralised but fully intend to retest with more hours in january im thinking 8 hours plus test or a full week again, If money was no object everyone would just keep plugging away at it.

Sorry to hear that but glad to hear you are not giving up - gives me hope too. Loads of luck to for the next one - let me know how it goes.