Failed agaaaain!

Last time failed in last five minutes on kerb and almost launching forward on red filter light.
B------s!

This time didn’t even get out the yard. Couldn’t find the clip to open the fairing on the Suzi platform, for ages.

Then re-coupling left the electric lead out - no lights, so brilliant lights check!!

Must have cut my hand somewhere blood everywhere having forgot my super duper drivers gloves.

On the re-couple, kept not engaging the king-pin, didn’t want to force it and risk actually missing the king-pin.

The reverse was a real scream. Like the last time no black and white pole in sight but this time the trailer was dead straight, instead of pointing at the bay. Shunted , same, Shunted again and made it to the bay for a perfect reverse.

The only thing is, apart from the need of loads of training, is now this morbid fear of dread every time we approach the test centre. Like it’s hell on Earth.

So, hey-ho, tried to re-book all the system is clogged up no tests for two months - again, plus DVLA have been on strike and are on strike again so licence renewal will be late, again.

up!! Totally. What a flippin mess!

Have you tried KALMS :question:

ROG:

Yeh, maybe I ought to. Can’t take more than two, make my head ache.
But I’ll give them a go thanks.

It’s only exams that make me like this.

Stick at it newbie.
I failed on the re couple last week. I thought this was ultra rare.
Maybe not.

Sorry to here, failed my 3rd attempt at class 2 today, pulled out to quick at a junction had hesitation in my head as bad so though I’d be OK, I know the feeling exams make me very nervous, and make you do daft things keeping at it will get it done eventually!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Insist, persist and never desist.

“If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again”

This was certainly me for mine, I failed twice doing my class 2. After the first time I had severe anxiety going in to the second test. What I think caused me to fail again. But on the third time I didn’t have any anxiety I think I most of thought “oh well failed it twice before let’s see what happens”
I managed to pass with only 2 minors. My instructor said that I could drive fine but it was my overthinking that was making me fail.
So I fully understand where your coming from. All I can say is keep at it. Think positively and believe you can do it. We can do anything if we put our mind to it! :slight_smile:

All the best for your next try! Fellow newbie Ryan.

RyanJW:
“If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again”

This was certainly me for mine, I failed twice doing my class 2. After the first time I had severe anxiety going in to the second test. What I think caused me to fail again. But on the third time I didn’t have any anxiety I think I most of thought “oh well failed it twice before let’s see what happens”
I managed to pass with only 2 minors. My instructor said that I could drive fine but it was my overthinking that was making me fail.
So I fully understand where your coming from. All I can say is keep at it. Think positively and believe you can do it. We can do anything if we put our mind to it! :slight_smile:

All the best for your next try! Fellow newbie Ryan.

Extally, best way to think about it, I was nervous for my first test and failed it minutes from getting back, for my 1st resit after a long wait for lockdown I was nervous, and after getting lost early on for the self drive bit my nerves went to pot and failed again. Yesterday for a good chunk of the practice is was very nervous, but Mark was great had calmed down a bit by the end and felt OK then sat at a junction “no real space to get out or is there” and went for space I shouldn’t… But I feel fine first 2 times I felt like crying and very sorry for myself but I just called my self an idiot sat down for a bit. Your head can be your own worst enemy oh well I will pass eventually

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hello

Try this drink before a test… In fact this is for any one who has anxiety or bad nerves … Its legal and safe .

Proper Coffee not instant crap, real Honey (not supermarket crap) , L theanine powder from bulk.com (i use this one as it has zero bulking agents and is pure green tea extract 200mg in one shot…

mix with Cinnamon extract, Rock salt, Collagen & vit C and Almond milk… sounds odd hey? Coffee■■? uh… :laughing:

This is what Pro golfers use to get the energy from caffeine, but the calm from the rest ,you must use L theanine,it is green tea extract it will 100 % calm your nerves… You can just buy the l theanine but it can make for a slower reaction without the caffeine

Failing that use Peter Smyth transport :smiley:

English driver 1970:
Stick at it newbie.
I failed on the re couple last week. I thought this was ultra rare.
Maybe not.

LOL!! Classic!! Thanks! I needed that! (Good luck next time!!)

Beetlejuice:
Hello

Try this drink before a test… In fact this is for any one who has anxiety or bad nerves … Its legal and safe .

Proper Coffee not instant crap, real Honey (not supermarket crap) , L theanine powder from bulk.com (i use this one as it has zero bulking agents and is pure green tea extract 200mg in one shot…

mix with Cinnamon extract, Rock salt, Collagen & vit C and Almond milk… sounds odd hey? Coffee■■? uh… :laughing:

This is what Pro golfers use to get the energy from caffeine, but the calm from the rest ,you must use L theanine,it is green tea extract it will 100 % calm your nerves… You can just buy the l theanine but it can make for a slower reaction without the caffeine

Failing that use Peter Smyth transport :smiley:

Wow, thanks, sounds healthy!!

Guys!! and Guyesseses!

Really, thank y’all so much. You’re right, sometimes your own head is your worst enemy and beats you up!

I’ll beat this. I will.

And, for all you on here due for re-test, I thank you and wish you the best of luck.

We are all caught up in an unhealthy environment viz a vie DVSA Test back logs and DVLA on strike its an unusual environment. We’ve got to pass this…test and get the #### out of it!!

Thanks peeps!

Thank heavens for TruckNet UK

It’s a problem waiting for re tests. I failed class 1 mid April. And again 9th June.
Got a retest date yesterday 23rd Aug. The original 5 day course and test was booked mid Dec 20 after passing class 2. Original Feb date cancelled. It’s not easy to get straight back into the “zone” to retest after 2/3 months waiting.

If you passed the uncoupling / coupling the first time, it is understandable that this wasn’t made a priority in the limited time you probably had for practice.

For the next time, obviously know where the catch is.

If you are worried about the king pin not engaging:

1. Make sure the release handle is out (it should be).
  2. Make sure the fifth wheel is in contact with the trailer and near enough horizontal. Get out and raise the suspension a couple of inches to make sure, even so the legs are off the ground
  3. If you have done the above and you are in alignment, then don’t be afraid to give it some welly. The fifth wheel has a V like cut out so any slight miss-aim will be corrected. If you have raised the suspension so the landing legs are off the ground (or at least most of the weight is off them), these are not going to be damaged by coming back with some force and even being slightly out of line.

If by some weird chance you cannot get the clip in, you may have a partial engagement. If you are tentative with coming back this may be more likely to happen. In this case, pull the release handle out, draw forward and come back again.

The tug tests are also a must I believe, so don’t leave these out.

I failed both my Class 2 and Class 1 first time round and both on roundabouts :laughing:

Class 2 I was not confident at all and the 2nd time round I got 3 minors.

Class 1 I knew I can drive and I knew I can pass… Then a lapse of concentration 10 mins before the end of the test :blush:
2nd attempt got no minors just like the 1st attempt. Uncouple and recouple was made easy by Atlas training in Doncaster. They make reversing so easy by using markings on the trailer.

Give it another go and just remember… YOU WILL PASS!

GLHF

ROG:

Yes. I have now tried KALMS.

As a result, I am not anxious, and after a failed test, I really don’t worry about it. During the test I’m no longer emanating Cortisol.

MichalStef:
I failed both my Class 2 and Class 1 first time round and both on roundabouts :laughing:

Class 2 I was not confident at all and the 2nd time round I got 3 minors.

Class 1 I knew I can drive and I knew I can pass… Then a lapse of concentration 10 mins before the end of the test :blush:
2nd attempt got no minors just like the 1st attempt. Uncouple and recouple was made easy by Atlas training in Doncaster. They make reversing so easy by using markings on the trailer.

Give it another go and just remember… YOU WILL PASS!

GLHF

Hank you MichaelStef

Even better than Kalms is Dormeasan from Boots and Holland and Barrett , with hops and Valerian taking 70 drops per day is sufficient for not waking up at 3 am remaining chilled all day too .

English driver 1970:
It’s a problem waiting for re tests. I failed class 1 mid April. And again 9th June.
Got a retest date yesterday 23rd Aug. The original 5 day course and test was booked mid Dec 20 after passing class 2. Original Feb date cancelled. It’s not easy to get straight back into the “zone” to retest after 2/3 months waiting.

Exactly!

You didn’t fail anything, it was deferred success and it took me three attempts to get class 1 .