Weekly rest

Hi just a quick one before I go mad here

Got a run to do Saturday Glasgow to London will be starting at 1100 I have worked Monday to Friday 0630 till 1630 got plenty of drive time and shift time the unload is not till about 10 pm I can work to 0200 for a 15 if needed but how does that affect weekly rest because card would be in for the 2 hours on Sunday morning thanks :blush: :question:

You have to start you weekly rest no more than (6 x 24 hour periods) 144 hours after finishing the previous rest period, so I make that you have to start you weekly rest by 06:30 Sunday.

muckles:
You have to start you weekly rest no more than (6 x 24 hour periods) 144 hours after finishing the previous rest period, so I make that you have to start you weekly rest by 06:30 Sunday

did think that but was doubting myself Because Sunday would be a 7th day thanks :smiley:

raymond888uk:

muckles:
You have to start you weekly rest no more than (6 x 24 hour periods) 144 hours after finishing the previous rest period, so I make that you have to start you weekly rest by 06:30 Sunday

did think that but was doubting myself Because Sunday would be a 7th day thanks :smiley:

It makes no difference that you’ve done some work on 7 days as long as you start a new weekly rest period no later than 06:30 Sunday :wink:

raymond888uk:

muckles:

I think because the regs are written 6 x 24 hour periods it leads to people thinking you can only do 6 shifts.

muckles:
I think because the regs are written 6 x 24 hour periods it leads to people thinking you can only do 6 shifts.

Or they think that it means 6 days

The word DAYS does not appear in the regs