Hours Guru Needed

Ok im having an on going batle with the guy i drive for over the new 45hr weekly rest situation. I will try to explain as simple as i can.

I am under the impression that i am running within the law, my hours are below

WEEK 1

Monday start @ 1200 finish @ 1500

Tuesday start @ 1200 finish @ 0600 ( ferry rest taken including under 1hr driving period)

Wednesday start @ 1400 finish @ 2300

Thursday start @ 0800 finish @ 1200

Friday start @ 0700 finish @ 1200

Saturday start @ 0900 finish @ 2200 (ferry rest taken uncluding under 1hr driving period)

Sunday start @ 0700 finish @ 1200

WEEK 2

A copy of week one statring 24hrs after finish on sunday and woking through to the same time 1200 on the Sunday.

After this week a 45hr period is taken.

Now my question is… the extended period of rest taken during the thursdayand friday daily rests can they be added to the weekly rest? so to bump up the figures of the reduced daily rest?

Also using 7 cards to cover a period of 6x24hrs is this also ok?

Hope this is understood

HAVE REPLIED IN CAPITOLS - HAVE I GOT IT RIGHT?

Spacemonkeypg:
WEEK 1

Monday start @ 1200 finish @ 1500
= 3 HOURS DRIVE/WORK THEN 21 HOURS BREAK
Tuesday start @ 1200 finish @ 0600 ( ferry rest taken including under 1hr driving period)
18 HOURS DRIVE/WORK (INCL FERRY REST) THEN 8 HOUR BREAK
Wednesday start @ 1400 finish @ 2300
9 HOURS DRIVE/WORK THEN 9 HOUR BREAK
Thursday start @ 0800 finish @ 1200
4 HOURS DRIVE/WORK THEN 19 HOUR BREAK
Friday start @ 0700 finish @ 1200
5 HOURS DRIVE/WORK THEN 21 HOUR BREAK
Saturday start @ 0900 finish @ 2200 (ferry rest taken uncluding under 1hr driving period)
13 HOURS DRIVE/WORK (INCL FERRY REST) THEN 9 HOUR BREAK
Sunday start @ 0700 finish @ 1200
5 HOURS DRIVE/WORK THEN 24 HOUR BREAK
WEEK 2

AM I CORRECT?

A copy of week one staring 24hrs after finish on sunday and woking through to the same time 1200 on the Sunday.

After this week a 45hr period is taken.

Now my question is… the extended period of rest taken during the thursdayand friday daily rests can they be added to the weekly rest? so to bump up the figures of the reduced daily rest?

Also using 7 cards to cover a period of 6x24hrs is this also ok?

Hope this is understood

yes however the driving time may vary. but the duty time is correct

Right I am a little confused based on the info given.

Tuesday you seem to have worked 18 hours and if that is the case you are well over your hours?

Week one you seem to have done seven daily driving periods, six is the maximum. A new period of 24 hours begins each time you resume work after a daily or weekly rest period and you can have no more than six 24-hour periods before a weekly rest is required, when you resume work on Sunday you are starting your 7th 24-hour period so you are illegal.

You must repay any reduction in weekly rest in one block added to another weekly or daily rest of at least 9 hours before the end of the third week following the reduction. The 21 hours you need for your reduction to 24 hours would require a daily rest period of at least 30 hours, 21+9, or a weekly rest of 66, 45+21. You could add the reduction to another reduced rest making a rest of 45 hours but then that reduction would need compensating for further down the line.

As far as I know from your previous posts you cross the channel via Dover - Calais. If this is the case you cannot use the split ferry rest option. For all parts of the split rest you must have access to a bunk and you do not get a bunk on the DO/Ca crossing. Unless of course you stay down in the truck which breaks a whole different set of rules. :wink:

You pretty much need to rethink your whole working time as you are racking up the offences at the moment. :wink: The more weeks you repeat this pattern the more offences clock up, compounded by the lack of weekly rest which could lead to you being accused of working 14+ days without a break. This amount of offences means you could face suspension of your licence for a period. Best not mention who you work for as VOSA do read this board. :wink:

If i’m reading that right, you can’t possibly do 7 shifts? Never mind using 7 cards.

the 18 hr tuesday is the time i arrive at calais so i have begun my ferry rest by then say 0200 or 0300. its access to a bunk or sofa for the ferry break im sure

ok look 6x24 it does not matter how many cards you use in one day does it? as long as your driving hours/ and duty hours are not exceeded.

using this theory what happens when you change trucks during the day then you again can use more than 6 cards.

i think you can use more than one card in a period of 24 hours im sure but as allways i could be wrong

Spacemonkeypg:
ok look 6x24 it does not matter how many cards you use in one day does it? as long as your driving hours/ and duty hours are not exceeded.

using this theory what happens when you change trucks during the day then you again can use more than 6 cards.

i think you can use more than one card in a period of 24 hours im sure but as allways i could be wrong

Flip the chart over when changing trucks and fill in the back Monkey …unless you use a lot of trucks in a dal obviously :blush:

Spacemonkeypg:
the 18 hr tuesday is the time i arrive at calais so i have begun my ferry rest by then say 0200 or 0300.

You need to begin your rest by 03:00 not the time you arrive in Calais.

Spacemonkeypg:
its access to a bunk or sofa for the ferry break im sure

No, it is access to a bunk or couchette - which is not a sofa, neither of which you get on DO/CA. it’s a small point but with the other offences they could well throw it into the equation

Spacemonkeypg:

You can use more than one card in a 24-hour period, you may drive trucks that use different cards in the same shift for instance but that isn’t the point here. You must take a weekly rest after no more than 6x24-hour periods. A 24 hour period begins when you resume work after a daily or weekly rest period. Each time you start work during the week after a daily rest a new 24-hour period starts, doesn’t matter if that is before the end of the previous 24-hour period. On the Sunday you are starting period number 7 which is a no, no as you have not taken a weekly rest. It isn’t the number of cards which is the issue here it is the number of 24-hour periods.

This is just wrong on so many levels :open_mouth:

But Coffee has gone through it in a much clearer way than I could. As has also been said - you’d fill in the details on the back of the tacho if you changed vehicles. And 7 consecutive daily shifts is just a complete no.

Unless we’re missing some vital piece of info?

it was a typo on my behalf the tues finish time i should have stated the time i arrive at port

it was a certain traffic manager who told me that you could work upto 24hrs before your week started i.e. use 7 cards, this traffic manager is still currently working for BY i think. so i was sold a lie then?

forget about changing vehicles i use only one truck all week it was used as an example.

what if i take my own chouchette on board would that help? lol

I’d agree with the rest,

If thats what you’re expected to do then you need to find anothe job quick cos you’re running bent!!!

And I would agree with the friendly warning…not only do Vosa read this site but I know of at least one Vosa official who is a member and regular poster

i am aware of the member myself semtex but i am not being asked to do this, infact i have been trying to defend it lol but seems i am in the wrong :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Spacemonkeypg:
what if i take my own chouchette on board would that help? lol

Just stay downstairs in the cab, you have a bunk then and I don’t think VOSA will be after you for that. You wouldn’t be alone down there, loads of drivers do it and I used to stay in the truck myself on many occasions. You might die if it sinks but at least you will be well rested. :wink:

Well at least you asked for advice - better than blindly continuing. I think we all learn something we didn’t know when someone raises this sort of query.

yeah maybe i can get my 45hrs in at the bottom of the dover straites lmfao

Spacemonkeypg:
i am aware of the member myself semtex but i am not being asked to do this, infact i have been trying to defend it lol but seems i am in the wrong :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Fair enough. I have come across a few firms that get inexperienced bods in then tell them that this is correct. Hence why I fell out with a certain bus company. I knew too much :smiley: :wink:

Shall i ask another tacho question… :laughing: :laughing:

jimboy124:
Shall i ask another tacho question… :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve given up on you and the tacho, i’m just going to bang my head against the wall instead. Much less painful an experience. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: