Weekly rest advice needed

Hi all and thanks in advance quick question last Friday I finished at 16.00 and started 07.00on Sunday 39 hrs rest then worked sun mon tues weds third fri 6 shifts question is can I finish at 16.00 today Friday and start again on Sunday 07.00 39 hrs rest and do 6 shifts ? I don’t think I can any advice welcome thanks paul

paul9019:
Hi all and thanks in advance quick question last Friday I finished at 16.00 and started 07.00on Sunday 39 hrs rest then worked sun mon tues weds third fri 6 shifts question is can I finish at 16.00 today Friday and start again on Sunday 07.00 39 hrs rest and do 6 shifts ? I don’t think I can any advice welcome thanks paul

No is my first response BUT it might be able as a one off - I would need all your weekly rests since the last time you took a few days off in one go to see if its possible

No you can’t you need to take 45 hours weekly rest. And don’t forget you need to make up your 6 hour reduction by 3rd week by adding 6 hours to a daily rest of at least 9 hours.

Tang:
No you can’t you need to take 45 hours weekly rest. And don’t forget you need to make up your 6 hour reduction by 3rd week by adding 6 hours to a daily rest of at least 9 hours.

Or adding 6 hours to another weekly rest

Its SEEMS a straight NO but it is possible to do two weeks SHOWING reduced weekly rests

A simple example is this …
Have 4 days off and start on a Monday
Work mon to sat
sun off = reduced weekly rest
work mon to sat
Sun off = reduced weekly rest
work mon to fri
sat + sun off = regular weekly rest

The last 45 hours of the 4 days off = regular weekly rest for the first week - can be used for such because it included sunday midnight so was at least 1 minute into that week
The third week has a regular weekly rest at the end of that week
That leaves the second week with two reduced weekly rests at each end of it so the driver chooses one of them to be used for that week - the unused reduced does not need compensating for