Weekend Parking Around Barcelona

Anyone got any suggestions? Usually use the CTM but fancy a bit of a change. Wouldn’t mind trying around Salou or something. Thanks in advance folks!

I would park at porta the barcelona - shower, food, wifi and take the train to the center

Cambrils maybe.

Where abouts in Cambrils mate? And what facilities are about?

Lloret del Mar.Park behind the hotels on the wasteground or pay to park at the coach station.
Or go inside the port.Petromirales fuel station there with hot food and a bar.
The Guarda Civil do not stop trucks going in the port.
Then a bus or taxi in to Barcelona.
Safe parking in the port.
Do not park in Zona Franca due to cab break in’s.

Its open all weekend and has showers,look at the Grande Buffet website

Calle de port de Haifa S/N postcode 08039.
S/N means sin numero or without a number.
Calle is street.Petromirales.
Be careful walking around Las Ramblas.
Criminals/Rogues and pick pockets.
Con men too.Find a secret hiding hole in the cab to leave the fuel cards safe.

You dine like a King at Cambrils.Log fire stove for grilled meat on skewers.Fresh salads and sea food.Steaks.
A 20 minute walk to the beach and the cafes on the sea front.
The fuel station parking attendant will give you a receipt for the parking.
It is free to park but you claim back the amount on the receipt from the boss so you get a free meal out of it.
There is a “club” opposite for some horizontal dancing after the 8 course meal.

Thinking about giving Cambrills a go. How far to walk into the town from the grande buffet?

10 minutes walk into Sitges (sp)

Edit to add, Look at their website Grande Buffet Cambrils

kerbut:
10 minutes walk into Sitges (sp)

Edit to add, Look at their website Grande Buffet Cambrils

Sorry maddog3 I’ve been busy but kerbut is spot on, and you certainly get a great meal and plenty of it at the grande buffet Cambrills well worth a visit :wink: and there is a club over the road :open_mouth:

I used to stop at lloret years ago when I was a “yooth” and used to love it. I would park just out of town at the big coach company/transfer station, if its the same one toby mentioned I think its called Pujol?

The parking at Salou used to be in the coach park, but I only went there once, in about 2000 / 2001.
It was at a petrol station on the edge of town. There was a large parking area behind the petrol station. I can’t remember the brand name, but it was a Spanish brand, not Shell, Esso, BP etc.
There were showers and a small shop and cafe in the station building.
It was a 10 minute walk into the centre of Salou, at the most, another couple of minutes to the beach.
Salou had plenty of bars, tavernas, English pubs, Irish pubs etc. Plenty of food from English fish and chips to a full Sunday roast dinner if you wanted to eat ‘English’. I expect most other nations were catered for similarly.

After a bit of a dig around on Google maps, this’ll be it Repsol.
It appears to have grown a bit over the intervening years :open_mouth: :smiley:

I’m in cambrils, is the buffet in the restaurant adjoined to the Repsol? In here now and doesn’t look like there is much going on in terms of Buffet!?

the grand buffet is the place with loads of trucks and a big sign saying grand buffet, it seats a few hundred people, so if that doesn’t look like where you are you might be in the wrong garage

I’ve come off junction 37coming from Barcelona and turned right. Over a round about and there is a Repsol with secure parking and a Repsol garage and restaurant just off to the right. It’s ok here 15 euro parking with Meal voucher, coffees and shower so happy days.

It is a long time since I was there, but it isn’t secure parking, if you are there for the weekend have a walk down to the grand buffet, the food is well worth the time to go down there, there is an Aldi or lidle just before or after it depending which way you are going.
plus.google.com/112090412015520 … l=uk&hl=en

maddog3:
I’ve come off junction 37coming from Barcelona and turned right. Over a round about and there is a Repsol with secure parking and a Repsol garage and restaurant just off to the right. It’s ok here 15 euro parking with Meal voucher, coffees and shower so happy days.

Is the garage you’re at called Oleus■■? Think you’re in the wrong one mate :frowning: although happy to be corrected.
When you came off the motorway and turned right I’m 99% sure you should have gone left onto the t312, follow this down to the end of the road and turn right onto n340 direction Valencia. Just stay on n340 for a short way and the garage/gran bufet cambrils will come up on your left hand side. You shouldn’t be able to miss it, (although I hvn’t gone to it this way!!!)
If its still the same the fuel garage where you park is a Shell station, (5 years since I’ve been.)
I reckon you are only 5-10kms away, and the gran bufet is definitely where you want to be!!!

Had a quick look online just now, if it helps restaraunt is marked as being at km 1.145 on the n340, and going in from where you are, the very last road on the left before the gran buffet is called “carrer gotic”, may come in handy for the satnav.

When you enter the gran buffet you’ll bein the normal tapas/bar area which is good enough on its own, but make sure you look to your right for the “gran buffet” its definitely worth it :grimacing:

showers, lorry wash, trams outside, short walk to shops.
goo.gl/maps/8NGfR

Your directions are spot on Chilli. I went down to that Shell garage and seen a Buffet by the Daurada hotel on the n340. Neither garage was open and only one Slovakian lorry in both forecourts. Didn’t look at all safe or inviting! Saying that I didn’t go inside the buffet. This place is pretty good. 15€ to park with voucher for 3 course meal and a bottle of wine. Thanks for your info though. I will try the buffet if I’m passing by sometime!