Weekend Parking Around Barcelona

Ok mate no worries, if the place where you are is good stick with it :wink:
Shame to hear that about the gran buffet as it used to be a real busy and cracking spot, mind you so did La Jonquera, and upstairs-downstairs near Nules, but these have also gone down hill in recent years with regards to standards and safety.

Passed through La Jonquera this morning. I’ve done Europe for 5 years so still a pup really and always been told to avoid the place like the Plague, can imagine it being thriving years ago though. I usually use Barcelona CTM but I’m not around here usually down South for weekends. If weather and time permits I may stroll down tomorrow.

I would only stop at La Jonquera these days for fuel. Shame as used to be alright for stopping and there were some good restaraunts, shops and the like but I wouldn’t want to leave the lorry there for 5 minutes these days.
Is ctm good in Barcelona?
Used the ctm in Madrid a few times, thats always fine.

chilistrucker:
Shame to hear that about the gran buffet as it used to be a real busy and cracking spot, mind you so did La Jonquera, and upstairs-downstairs near Nules, but these have also gone down hill in recent years with regards to standards and safety.

Aye, it’s the best part of 10 years since I was down that way too.
It’s a shame to see about Gran Buffet Cambrils going downhill. I didn’t spend a weekend there, but had it marked on my map as a place to go to. La Jonquera was even a bit dodgy back then, I never felt comfortable in the big parking area where all the customs agents are at any rate.
I only did about 10 trips to Spain in total. 6 of those were for Murfitts, in, tip, load, out, with Kellogs to Valls or Montblanc.
I spent a weekend break at Simbas once. Reloaded tiles out of Castallon, Onda and Pensicola, as far as I remember. Then chose an ‘adventurous’ route to head back up, via Zaragoza :smiley: :unamused:
Ya live n learn :laughing:

CTM in Barcelona is pretty decent and your able to get public transport around the city but as I said don’t get up there much. Malaga CTM is where I usually park that’s decent as far as CTM’s go! Can catch 25 bus into Malaga for 1 euro.

Btw I’m pretty clued up on any where from Cambrils on, this is my regular route. So if anywhere wants a supermarket or a pretty safe to sleep just PM me and I’ll happily dish advice

Simon:

chilistrucker:

Aye, it’s the best part of 10 years since I was down that way too.
It’s a shame to see about Gran Buffet Cambrils going downhill. I didn’t spend a weekend there, but had it marked on my map as a place to go to. La Jonquera was even a bit dodgy back then, I never felt comfortable in the big parking area where all the customs agents are at any rate.
I only did about 10 trips to Spain in total. 6 of those were for Murfitts, in, tip, load, out, with Kellogs to Valls or Montblanc.
I spent a weekend break at Simbas once. Reloaded tiles out of Castallon, Onda and Pensicola, as far as I remember. Then chose an ‘adventurous’ route to head back up, via Zaragoza :smiley: :unamused:
Ya live n learn :laughing:

I remember Simbas, stopped there a few times, and a fair bit at upstairs/downstairs when reloading tiles at Castellon. I can’t believe the size of the place now, certainly abit bigger than when i first went in the late 90s. I also did the ‘adventurous’ route a few times :open_mouth:
Loaded onions 1 evening many moons ago near Valencia and managed to fluke the Bilbao ferry home. Had a look at my maps and ‘thought’ going via Teruel would be my best way. This was long before motorway was fully built, but I didn’t know that back then. I got off the a7 and the first bit towards Teruel was cracking, oh how quickly that changed :slight_smile:
Fully freighted with onions I felt like I earned my money that night, but it was worth it to get the Bilbao boat home :wink:

I used to do onions out of Pobla de Villabona near Valencia.
Multi drops to the markets in the UK.
Would not know where they were going to until getting off the ferry.

toby1234abc:
I used to do onions out of Pobla de Villabona near Valencia.
Multi drops to the markets in the UK.
Would not know where they were going to until getting off the ferry.

Only did it the once on the Valencia side, but a few around Madrid and the same as you toby never really knew where they were going till I got back. I don’t miss onions.

It would be the London markets ,some you have to pay to get in.
Then some retailers.
Or Yorkshire markets such as Leeds.
Bristol or Cardiff.
At leasy the cafes were open all night and you can run on a Sunday in France with Cebollas.Pain in the ■■■ with a mixed load that was the wrong way around.
Asking fork lift drivers to re-arrange the load for the next drop. Then the boss says he has found a load when empty but you need 11 or 9 hours off but keeps ringing to get you moving.

Cambrils this week. They all seemed happy parking here for a week!

jacko22:
Cambrils this week. They all seemed happy parking here for a week!

Didn’t know Culina went down that far :smiley:

Bloody wish & no i havn’t jumped ship! (yet)
Dodgy Dave & Chinky Nev in the Fielding motors. Dave put this up on facebook. Fieldings always use Cambrils to hangout when they need to loose themselves. Common on corporate jobs. They spent 10 days there, it’s free parking, good scran, shower ( not the best) 10 minutes to the beach & town with loads of bars, supermarket next door if ya don’t want the buffet & safer than parking around Barca!

Just look out for the large Fork!!!

jacko22:
Bloody wish & no i havn’t jumped ship! (yet)

Don’t let the buggers grind you down !! :smiley:

They wont beat me that easy!! Do miss them jobs parking in one spot for a while. Mind you the 20 days in athens was a bit much at the end, especially when you run out of beer tokens. That’s why it works for me no problem Baldbloke- i sit there laughing when drivers complain once they been stuck at tesco for over an hour!!!

I parked at cambrills about 7/8 months ago T gran buffet
They have a sevurity on at night african guy
Bought him a cone slipped him couple euros and his words you sleep ok my freind i will wTch your truck all night

Freind of mine stopped couoke months back and same thing
Food still good and staff freindly

Cambrils restaurant was closed down by the local police a few weeks back. It’s still possible to park there but unsure if restaurant has reopened yet.

That is a shame it is shut.I wonder why,narcotics or guns maybe ?Or human trafficking ?
Not paid their tax ?