Barcelona Parking

Hi. Looking for a decent overnight stop just outside Barcelona if anyone can recommend one. Will be coming in from Madrid via Zaragoza. Cheers.

cant remember the name m8 but once past signs for igualada theres few new modern service areas about 30 mins b4 b/celona theres big hotel on right wouldnt go any closer into at night gd luck

I very often used to stop at L’obriget services on the A7 at Castellbisbal, top side of Barcelona if I was loading or tipping in the area. It’s a full-on motorway services, Spanish style, so you’ll want for nothing. Cheers! Robert :slight_smile:

Free, safe and secure parking inside the Port of Barcelona.
Enter the port ,past the Guardia Civil barrier, they don’t check or stop you.
Park by Petromiralles fuel station on Calle Port de Haifa s/n ,which means sin numero,without number.
Cafe inside that does pork or veal bocadilos.
Drivers meals, or set menus.
Then a walk to catch a bus to the city, to experience the Ramblas, but watch out for scammers, con men and pick pocketers.
Zona Franca is not secure due to cab break in,s.
Be careful in La Jonquera, years ago it was a small place to clear Customs, it is now a metropolis with numerous warehouse size grand buffet restaurants,Eastern European shops, it is not safe for a shower, as criminals know how long it takes ,and the cab is emptied.
Ladies of the day and night touting for business in parking areas.

:smiley:

Thanks for the replies gents, the ones past igualada sound right to me. Bit confused about the 2 years ago post though, I asked the question last week.

Silly me - I was looking at the date you joined TNUK instead of the posting date :blush: . Never mind, glad to be of assistance! Robert :smiley: