Wednesday night drinkies

sugestions required for somewhere around coventry/brum for somewhere to get a decent meal/drink, as I shall be in the area camped out overnight there tomorrow.

must have some off road parking close by (ind est/tescos etc), as parking 41 tonnes can be difficult when pished :wink: :wink:

There’s the Lincoln Farm Cafe on the A452 between the A45 and Balsall Common. Turn right through an intersection on the dual carriageway. Not sure what it is like nowadays.

Otherwise I’d try the Northen end of Coleshill. I think there is some sort of Ind Estate there and you can walk into the town.

Lincoln Farm

Coleshill Ind Area somewhere around here. and it’s downhill from the pub to there. :astonished:

Krankee:
Coleshill Ind Area somewhere around here. and it’s downhill from the pub to there. :astonished:

Major flaw in that plan, it’s uphill back from the pub when the going will undoubtedly be tougher. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Read it again.

Downhill FROM the pub…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well being a local boy, i would say lincoln farm cafe has to be one of the best for food, theres showers and stuff there but if you blink you will miss it,think there is a sign up now though,think there open till 8pm for food, the ind est in coleshill is on station road but there isnt really any parking on there to my knowledge but if you can park somewhere on there,theres a cafe at the bottom end which turns into a curry house at night,foods good,
if its coventry you want, come of the M6 at junction 2 and head for city centre,the first couple of islands you come to have entrances to retail parks and business parks and i know theres a morrisons or tescos or something there and a food serving pub so that might be better, will have a think for some others

Krankee:
Read it again.

Downhill FROM the pub…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

OH yeah… I need a drink. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

gav:
Well being a local boy, i would say lincoln farm cafe has to be one of the best for food,

In the 70’s, it was a thriving business. A crowd of us would often go to a nightclub in Balsall Common and then have a fry-up on the way home. :blush:

It was then 24 hours, AND Licenced, and had ‘Entertainment’ evenings. The owner submitted plans to have the whole site totally rebuilt but, in typical NIMBY fashion, Solihull Council refused the plans. The opening of the M42, or rather, extending the M42 beyond being effectively a cul-de-sac, killed off the trade.

I called in there about 4 or 5 years ago, and nothing seems to have changed except, perhaps, for the potholes in the car park becoming deeper.

I wonder if the cats are still there? In the Winter ferral cats would congregate in the hallway leading to the back way into the kitchens. They weren’t a Health Hazard as they never went anywhere near the food preparation areas. Walk past them and they were fine. Try and ‘pet’ them, and a leakage of blood was inevitable.

:smiley:

the best place is asda minworth just off the a38 there a pub near it hare and hounds buy one get one free on meals theres about ten trucks a night parked there it a all night asda aswell but they turn off the back main lights for you to sleep aswell hope this helps

gav:
Well being a local boy, i would say lincoln farm cafe has to be one of the best for food, theres showers and stuff there but if you blink you will miss it,think there is a sign up now though,think there open till 8pm for food, the ind est in coleshill is on station road but there isnt really any parking on there to my knowledge but if you can park somewhere on there,theres a cafe at the bottom end which turns into a curry house at night,foods good,
if its coventry you want, come of the M6 at junction 2 and head for city centre,the first couple of islands you come to have entrances to retail parks and business parks and i know theres a morrisons or tescos or something there and a food serving pub so that might be better, will have a think for some others

he could park by the norton arms pub in coleshill good food and a kaeoke aswell nice women in there :laughing: :laughing:

The Norton Arms. Is that the one in Station Road next to the old level crossing that led into Hams Hall? My parents used to take me there as a kid. In fact one of my uncle’s apparently worked as a Brickie building the old Ham’s Hall cooling towers.

Although its now Wednesday and you probabally wont get this in time, its one to consider for the future.
Try Bassets Pole, i pass ther every night and theres always a few trucks parked up on the car park. For those of you that dont know it, Bassets Pole IS a pub and its got a Mac D’s next door. Not been there for a long time though so couldnt give a recomendation on food, beer etc…
Its just off the A446 at the roundabout with A38/A453 not far from The Belfry Golf Club

Krankee:
The Norton Arms. Is that the one in Station Road next to the old level crossing that led into Hams Hall? My parents used to take me there as a kid. In fact one of my uncle’s apparently worked as a Brickie building the old Ham’s Hall cooling towers.

thats the one

pugwash:
Although its now Wednesday and you probabally wont get this in time, its one to consider for the future.
Try Bassets Pole, i pass ther every night and theres always a few trucks parked up on the car park. For those of you that dont know it, Bassets Pole IS a pub and its got a Mac D’s next door. Not been there for a long time though so couldnt give a recomendation on food, beer etc…
Its just off the A446 at the roundabout with A38/A453 not far from The Belfry Golf Club

nice food but dont park there on tuesdays they do the bike racing there illegaly loud noise and nutters but fun to watch