lincoln farm truckstop

Yes you can pay by card mate

waynedl:
Yes you can pay by card mate

Hope he hasn’t been waiting outside for the last 3 years :wink:

If he has I might see him. On my way there now lol

Stayed a couple of times. As parks go its OK. My only gripe being that on 2nd visit was directed to park in front of a car transporter when I told lad directing that I was leaving at 7:00am. Later found the Transporter driver was leaving at 5:00.
Having taken out Tacho card was a bit miffed to have to move.
This seems to be a problem I encounter from time to time-trying to squeeze in as many wagons as poss without thinking things through.
With regard Birmingham Truckstop it’s at the Wharf in Tyseley just off the A45.
Now that place is a dump but strangely I like it. Cheap parking, seems secure and although the café looks like it should be condemned food is good and very reasonable.(well when I’ve been)

don’t know why people knock Lincoln farm as it is one of a dying breed, trying to keep miserable unsociable truck drivers happy, and I am one of them.
Drivers that come on here slagging them really ■■■■ me off as they are only trying to earn a buck by selling there services. would you sooner pay £17 to park in a dust bowl with ameal and shower or £32 to park in a ■■■■ drenched stinking msa with a kfc voucher with no change■■?

Fair point rubyroo2 however assuming 100 trucks a night (advertised at 150) at £17 a pop = £1,700 a night + bar profit + food profit (usually 100 - 200%) + a tad from bunkered fuel throughput. If there isn’t a bit left over for some reinvestment to improve facilities = a very greedy owner.

Driveroneuk:
Fair point rubyroo2 however assuming 100 trucks a night (advertised at 150) at £17 a pop = £1,700 a night + bar profit + food profit (usually 100 - 200%) + a tad from bunkered fuel throughput. If there isn’t a bit left over for some reinvestment to improve facilities = a very greedy owner.

The food is included, or do you mean other food sold throughout the day, because when you see how many trucks go in through the day (not many) and then take into account the cost of actually running it through the day and food costs etc, I bet it’s not 1 - 200% profit at all.

I hope he does make a good profit, he deserves it for providing us with good food and a good service at a good price.

I’ve never had an issue there, and the food is decent and have had quite a few chats with Ray or Raymond (the son) and the odd chat with the father, and they’re really decent.

rubyroo2:
don’t know why people knock Lincoln farm as it is one of a dying breed, trying to keep miserable unsociable truck drivers happy, and I am one of them.
Drivers that come on here slagging them really ■■■■ me off as they are only trying to earn a buck by selling there services. would you sooner pay £17 to park in a dust bowl with ameal and shower or £32 to park in a ■■■■ drenched stinking msa with a kfc voucher with no change■■?

Yeh but why do you have to settle for second class bordering on third class facilities for your £17. That place has not been modernised since I first went in in 1979 :open_mouth: . OK, the food is passable, certainly not brilliant, as are the bogs and shower facilities, but why settle for passable, and as long as you accept this standard as the norm that is how it will always be for drivers. If there was somewhere in the vicinity which was set in Century 21 I wouldn’t go near Lincoln Farm, the only time I do is if I have high value on, not because it is particularly safe but it covers my arse with the co. if anything happens through the night.

Just because you use a rip off MSA as a comparison does not mean it is a model good value for money Truckstop. :bulb:

robroy:

rubyroo2:

Yeh but why do you have to settle for second class bordering on third class facilities for your £17. That place has not been modernised since I first went in in 1979 :open_mouth: . OK, the food is passable, certainly not brilliant, as are the bogs and shower facilities, but why settle for passable, and as long as you accept this standard as the norm that is how it will always be for drivers. If there was somewhere in the vicinity which was set in Century 21 I wouldn’t go near Lincoln Farm, the only time I do is if I have high value on, not because it is particularly safe but it covers my arse with the co. if anything happens through the night.

Just because you use a rip off MSA as a comparison does not mean it is a model good value for money Truckstop. :bulb:

Food is good, showers are excellent, really hot and powerful. Could do with a seperator between the shower and your clothes, but those with modest inteligence have figured out how to have a shower and keep their clothes dry…

Parking surface is poor, but that probably keeps the cost down. As I’ve said before, it’s 1 of my fave stopping places.

waynedl:

robroy:

rubyroo2:

Food is good, showers are excellent, really hot and powerful. Could do with a seperator between the shower and your clothes, but those with modest inteligence have figured out how to have a shower and keep their clothes dry…

Parking surface is poor, but that probably keeps the cost down. As I’ve said before, it’s 1 of my fave stopping places.

Hiya Waynedl, Ok showers maybe not as bad as I made out, but as for food being “good” …I reckon that’s down to individual taste. I mean surely you couldn’t compare the quality of food with say Doug’s diner at Penrith for eg., or that cafe in the lay by at A1 Berwick area (name escapes me :blush: ) the one (again can’t recall name :smiley: ) at Newton Aycliffe, all 3 all freshly cooked to order and not reheated and/or blitzed in a ■■■■■■ microwave like at Lincoln Farm.
I got a mixed grill one night, soggy chips, plate swimming in grease, fatty low quality meat, realising not getting the Salad was a bad move.

on monday i stopped for the first time in lincoln farm. quite nice i thought, food was ok parking was reasonable showers were free and had no problems with curtain slashers.
just one thing, was that a lucky one off or is it like that all the time? if so i shall be there again on thurs nite because i’m off to darlaston again on friday

anybody got any experience on this place would be welcome because we need to have decent places “bigged up” and keep them going
anybody about on thurs feel free to knock the door and we’ll partake of a beverage

who you going to at darleston?
i have a contact there.

we tip at company called ACERINOX its a regular drop for us as we nearly always load in the ACERINOX factory in algeciras with steel coils and tip in their warehouses around europe. in darlaston, copenhagen, malmo, antwerp, almere, langenfeld, rottweil, paris, bordeaux, milan or bologna. thats the only places we go then its whatever we can get back to malaga to have some time at home then reload factory again. makes it easier when you know where your drops are on a regular basis. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I was in there on monday as well ,where were you parked :question: :question:
It was also my first time in there and although it was’nt up to the standard of the Stockyard or junc 29 I thought it was ok and I will use it again :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

as you drove in towards the changeover trailers i was at front on right hand side at the end.
hard to miss as i had the “bloody foreigner” truck
this was what somebody said while i was having breakfast:
“bloody foreigner parked in here bet he hasn’t [ZB]ing paid either”
to which i replied in perfect english
“good morning to you as well how the devil are you on this beautiful morning”
he then sloped off with a bright red face :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I personally have never had a bad meal in there.
The showers are cleaned regularly.
Can’t fault the place at least you get value for money no one can deny that.

I’ve been going there for quite awhile and when i was on the curtainsiders i never once had mine slashed they have cctv installed there,the foods not the best but you get loads and as long as you dodge the potholes when parking up you will be fine :wink:

IMO a good place to stop

missed you both nights.I was in there wednesday night.This place is always of the same standard,they have owned it for donkeys years.Try and avoid parking next to the trailer changeover point,it’s noisy.the guy who parks you in order of leaving in the mornings always gets it right.

The only good thing about Lincoln Farm is the exit.

berewic:
The only good thing about Lincoln Farm is the exit.

I disagree fella where else around that area are you to get a half decent meal and a good hot shower for the price they charge??