lincoln farm truckstop

Thetaff:

berewic:
The only good thing about Lincoln Farm is the exit.

I disagree fella where else around that area are you to get a half decent meal and a good hot shower for the price they charge??

Nowhere I know of but the place is a dump. If you “need” a shower fare enough.

I avoided this place for many years until I saw it in bullies truck stop news getting a good write-up. I figured it must have changed, got new management and refurbished. I tried it. I walked in and straight out again. It’s the same dump it’s always been other than the parking area is half the size and has bigger pot holes.

I have read a lot of berewic’s posts and decided I will not take any notice of them.

disgo:
I have read a lot of berewic’s posts and decided I will not take any notice of them.

If your happy to park in a doss hole like Lincoln Farm that’s your problem. It makes me wonder what the quality of service you are used to. It’s becouse of people like you that dumps like this stay in business. 99% of UK truckstops should be closed down.
I feel sorry for you that you find the service and food they sell in these places acceptable. Personally I demand quality, edible meals and not the over cooked slop Lincoln Farm knocks out.
Let’s put it this way, how many foreign trucks park up at Lincoln Farm?
It’s well known among Euro drivers that if there are large numbers of UK drivers parked in a French truckstop, it’s becouse the place is a dump and the food is…

does it still do keyfuels?

used to go in there in my Scania van to fuel up but avoided going in at night as got swapped by drivers with problems on there wagons haha

Never went in the building, but yes the parking is a bit pot holed but seemed a peaceful place for a good nights kip.

See what I mean?

disgo:
See what I mean?

At least your reading them so we both know your learning.

its a truck stop not the bloody ritz it hasnt changed in 40 years , its cheap you can get a wash a meal and a pint , what else is wanted ?

daf3300:
its a truck stop not the bloody ritz it hasnt changed in 40 years , its cheap you can get a wash a meal and a pint , what else is wanted ?

Not a lot, apart from better food. This is the UK after all. If it was anywhere else it would have gone out of business 39 yrs ago.

ok i will re phrase that

I never went in the building as i never needed to, as i only went in there for fuel for the van

:smiley:

i used it quite a bit when i first started driving (2003/4). friendly staff, food was always spot on (steak salad and chips every time). would certainly use it again.

If i had a choice, I wouldn’t use it.

Definately a peaceful sleep, i was in there on the night of the Trucknet Do, there were only 2 of us in!

Been going in occasionally since around 1994, not much has changed. Greedy owners i’d say, all the money they’ve taken over the years & not a bit of it spent on tarmac or concrete apart from a tiny bit by the fuel pumps.

Its maybe just a notch or 2 in the ratings above the Hollies… & that’s pretty dam low.

Where is the Birmingham Truck Stop?

Welshboy, when you’re multi dropping your steel coil, how do you go on for weight distibution when you’re part tipped?

Driveroneuk:
If i had a choice, I wouldn’t use it.

Definately a peaceful sleep, i was in there on the night of the Trucknet Do, there were only 2 of us in!

Been going in occasionally since around 1994, not much has changed. Greedy owners i’d say, all the money they’ve taken over the years & not a bit of it spent on tarmac or concrete apart from a tiny bit by the fuel pumps.

Its maybe just a notch or 2 in the ratings above the Hollies… & that’s pretty dam low.

Where is the Birmingham Truck Stop?

Welshboy, when you’re multi dropping your steel coil, how do you go on for weight distibution when you’re part tipped?

don’t do multidrops its just one drop with 2 or 3 coils
birmingham truckstop is ok but you need to get out early cos its in the middle of residential area
i agree with what berewic is saying but its either park in lincoln farm or park in a layby and get slashed and diesel stolen so its the lesser of 2 evils
i just thought it was ok as far as uk truckstops go but if it was in europe it would have shut down long ago when there is so much better choice the weak ones go to the wall

used to park there regular,food was ok,beer ok,friendly atmosphere.only moan was the moon like surface lorry park,and getting all the mud off lorry park on me cab floor.otherwise it was ace!.

Any driver that thinks Lincoln Farm is anything other than a ■■■■ hole, has not experienced what a truckstop could and should be.
The only reason dumps like this exist is due to the lack of self respect UK drivers have.

Well berewic, I am going to disagree with you on some of your comments!

Yes, it hasnt had much work done on the parking area, and yes, it is a lunar landscape, however the alternatives are few and far between!!

As a profession we can, and should be “kicking back” at our trade representatives to ensure that the few facilites we do have, grow in number and quality. We should be putting increased pressure upon our elected (and non-elected) trades union, professional bodies, local government, central and regional government to ENSURE that all the facilities we do have are of an acceptable standard.

Before you charge me with the comment " its easy to say, and not to act", I live about a mile from Lincoln Farm so I can totally accept that it is not the most salubrious place to stop, what is is though, is a well run facility that offers basic food, parking and swop-over for a large number of operators, who would otherwise be trying to get this from mCdONALDS, a layby or parked up in an industrial estate.

As for “accepting our lot”, I have not felt out of place taking business colleagues in there, and yes, i do wear a suit!!

But I do hold a Class One, held for over 20 years, as well as CPCs, (all of them) ADR, and a qualified mechanical engineer, and yes, i do regulaly drive all types of truck!

berewic:
I avoided this place for many years until I saw it in bullies truck stop news getting a good write-up. I figured it must have changed, got new management and refurbished. I tried it. I walked in and straight out again. It’s the same dump it’s always been other than the parking area is half the size and has bigger pot holes.

You should have waited a bit longer and tried the food :stuck_out_tongue: It is a long way to Geiselwind for your next meal.

The food is good, the lorry park is knackered. Truck drivers have done that by doing changeovers because they don’t want to charge 20 quid like they do at Corley or Warwick

edtheshark:
Well berewic, I am going to disagree with you on some of your comments!

Yes, it hasnt had much work done on the parking area, and yes, it is a lunar landscape, however the alternatives are few and far between!!

As a profession we can, and should be “kicking back” at our trade representatives to ensure that the few facilites we do have, grow in number and quality. We should be putting increased pressure upon our elected (and non-elected) trades union, professional bodies, local government, central and regional government to ENSURE that all the facilities we do have are of an acceptable standard.

Before you charge me with the comment " its easy to say, and not to act", I live about a mile from Lincoln Farm so I can totally accept that it is not the most salubrious place to stop, what is is though, is a well run facility that offers basic food, parking and swop-over for a large number of operators, who would otherwise be trying to get this from mCdONALDS, a layby or parked up in an industrial estate.

As for “accepting our lot”, I have not felt out of place taking business colleagues in there, and yes, i do wear a suit!!

But I do hold a Class One, held for over 20 years, as well as CPCs, (all of them) ADR, and a qualified mechanical engineer, and yes, i do regulaly drive all types of truck!

Fare comment and I agree with most of them if not all but it is hard to get any official body to upgrade facilities when even on this web site a consensus can’t be agreed on the need.
UK drivers have no or little experience of quality and the lack of choice means any hole is a goal.
It could be argued that insurance companies keep these places operating due to their policy of parking in “secure areas”. The parking fees alone are enough for these places to survive and the knowledge they could sell out to property developers at any time bringing in vast profits doesn’t help.
The problem is our industry is unrepresented and until we can get organised nothing will change. Union rep’s are a waste of time, space, money and I have no simple answer.

Wheel Nut:

berewic:

You should have waited a bit longer and tried the food :stuck_out_tongue: It is a long way to Geiselwind for your next meal.

The food is good, the lorry park is knackered. Truck drivers have done that by doing changeovers because they don’t want to charge 20 quid like they do at Corley or Warwick

I would use Kenitra but not Lincoln Farm. Odd or what?

berewic:
Any driver that thinks Lincoln Farm is anything other than a [zb] hole, has not experienced what a truckstop could and should be.
The only reason dumps like this exist is due to the lack of self respect UK drivers have.

if someone gave you a million pound in a carrier bag you would complain it wasnt in a brief case wouldnt you?

do you have anything good to say about the industry?

i bet you get all the best parties started?

Giblsa:

berewic:
Any driver that thinks Lincoln Farm is anything other than a [zb] hole, has not experienced what a truckstop could and should be.

if someone gave you a million pound in a carrier bag you would complain it wasnt in a brief case wouldnt you?

do you have anything good to say about the industry?

i bet you get all the best parties started?

I deleted my reply as it was bang out of order. BIG TIME.