lincoln farm truckstop

My first stop at Lincoln farm was in the late 70s, and for little money you got a single bedroom, with clean sheets, decent food and clean showers, with hot water, and you had to book early to get one, the parking was controled on entry being ranked up depending on departure time, and the parking area pre tri axles was much better. The whole of the upstairs (now shut) was the bar area, two snooker tables and a live show each night.I can tell you we had some bloooooooooooooooooooooooody good nights there (comparable to the Cornals cafe)
The sleeper cab killed this place and many like it as due to the size the lack of income from empty bedrooms led to the turnover halving over a few years, yes you could blame the owners for not seeing and reacting to the changes in how the business was performing, but as far as I am aware it is still owned by the same family, and the son who now runs it was then in shorts.
Not been there for a few years, but on my last visit I would say I got value for what money I spent.
Not perfect but beats a laybye anytime.

I found it ok.

I was refunded my parking costs my the firm who’s truck I was driving, so I payed the highest rate and got parking, shower, meal, pudding and a drink for free.

Meal was good and filling, beer was nice, pudding was excellent and the staff (owners?) were really friendly.

Other than, as others have said, getting all the crap in your cab after you’ve walked back from the bar, I think it’s a nice place ran by nice people with good value for money.

I found it in truckstop news and first stopped there about 3 months ago - i was happy to have safe parking , a good shower ,reasonable food and a pint - very quiet and the security is on until 0400 which is even better along with a fence alarm for the out of sight places
their parking area is very level and i have yet to find a pot hole - i would class it as better than most
and if the price is added to the equation most likely the top 10
as to the stockyard - curtain slashing is very common - especially in the center block of the parking area - the food is over priced and most of the time the carvery is cold when you get it back to the table unless you smother it in their nuclear gravey
the expectations are always less than you expect unless you expect the least
cheers
Steve

Any reefer drivers thinking of stopping there overnight…i wouldn’t bother as you are not welcome there.
I stopped there one day last week,got there early and paid to park but once that ■■■■■■■ on his bike came in i was informed that fridges aint allowed in there overnight but i was “allowed” to park outside just by the gate.
Asked for my money back,no chance! expected to pay to park outside the gate too :open_mouth:

Didn’t see any signs up stating this so i wont be going there again.

And the food is crap too!!

Used it a couple of times years ago not the best place I’ve been to, but I have been to a lot worse, I wouldn’t go out of my way to get there again. At the time I used it the parking area was a joke, pot holes big enough to loose a 4 wheeler in.

Thetaff:
Any reefer drivers thinking of stopping there overnight…i wouldn’t bother as you are not welcome there.
I stopped there one day last week,got there early and paid to park but once that [zb] on his bike came in i was informed that fridges aint allowed in there overnight but i was “allowed” to park outside just by the gate.
Asked for my money back,no chance! expected to pay to park outside the gate too :open_mouth:

Didn’t see any signs up stating this so i wont be going there again.

And the food is crap too!!

i’ve heard the thing about fridges, parking outside, but amazed you didn’t get your money back?
who did you ask, the numpty on the bike, or did you go in and see the gaffer■■?
i found the gaffer and his son very fair. i use it a fair bit. the other week, the bloke on the bike told me to park right over the back, on the new bit, being done. he didn’t tell me it was new, or ask if i was loaded, so as i tried to reverse into space, my 42 tonne, sunk. anyway bit of a nightmare, ripped a mudguard off trailer, and would need a tow, with chains to get out the next day. saw the fella on the bike about prob, he wasn’t interested. so went and saw ray, the gaffer and his boy, didn’t make a scene, just made my point, and fair play, they made sure i’d get a tow out in the morning, got me a replacement mudguard for the trailer, and sorted me a couple of drinks at the bar, and a free brekkie, i thought that was fair :grimacing:

its not a state of the art kinda place, reminds me of a good ol fashioned transport caff, with overnight arking, shame there are not more of these places about, but they gotta sort some fridge bays :wink:

duracell:
My first stop at Lincoln farm was in the late 70s, and for little money you got a single bedroom, with clean sheets, decent food and clean showers, with hot water, and you had to book early to get one, the parking was controled on entry being ranked up depending on departure time, and the parking area pre tri axles was much better. The whole of the upstairs (now shut) was the bar area, two snooker tables and a live show each night.I can tell you we had some bloooooooooooooooooooooooody good nights there (comparable to the Cornals cafe)
The sleeper cab killed this place and many like it as due to the size the lack of income from empty bedrooms led to the turnover halving over a few years, yes you could blame the owners for not seeing and reacting to the changes in how the business was performing, but as far as I am aware it is still owned by the same family, and the son who now runs it was then in shorts.
Not been there for a few years, but on my last visit I would say I got value for what money I spent.
Not perfect but beats a laybye anytime.

I also stayed there around 79 and I can remember the good nights and entertaiment then :open_mouth: :laughing: .I stayed there last wed night , had a meal which was fine and back to the cab for half an hour, walked back over for a pint to find everybody watching zb Midsomer murders on the big screen :unamused: :unamused: …walked straight back out, how times have changed!! :unamused: :unamused:

Just to update, I’m parked here tonight for the first time on a good recommendation from a lad at our place. And all I can say is he must of been drunk :smiley:
Good points,
Nice pint(2.30) not too dear either really
Showers clean and spacious
Quick service from ray who comes across as a genuinely nice chap and also thinks he’s a comedian :laughing:
Bad points
Food was so bad I left half, never tasted a cottage pie like it. It looked and tasted like it had been blasted in the microwave for 5 mins :open_mouth: I didn’t go back for my ‘free pudding’ as based on the dinner I couldn’t stomach it.
Drunk and very annoying man talking crap to anyone who’d listen and was right about any matter he commented on and moaned when I said I’m going bed :laughing: ■■■, 2 pints is plenty for me when I’m up next day and he’s telling anyone who will listen he’ll have a skin full and not eat till tomorrow :open_mouth:
That last point not rays fault he was just a nob, it’s a shame the food was so bad as otherwise it’s a decent place for a shed :smiley:
I’ll come back, but bring me own food or go to the one at bromsgrove next time not tried them yet.
It’s not the ritz but it’s not the worst I’ve been to.

How’s the lorry park for pot holes these days?

Used to be if you parked with the front offside wheel in one you didn’t need the steps to get in & out the cab.

Ha ha I only drove in to the right and was parked up couldnt see too many but it was rammed at 8pm. There’s a sign at the gate saying big holes drive in at risk :open_mouth:
Think I’ll stick to me usual slip road on 45 near airport free and no frills but at least it’s free :smiley:

OllieNotts:
Ha ha I only drove in to the right and was parked up couldnt see too many but it was rammed at 8pm. There’s a sign at the gate saying big holes drive in at risk :open_mouth:
Think I’ll stick to me usual slip road on 45 near airport free and no frills but at least it’s free :smiley:

They have just put yellow lines all along the sliproad that runs from the A452 island to the M42 island past the council tip, havnt been past at night recently so don’t know if trucks still park there.

I parked on there a few times on the yellow lines as everyone else did and never had a ticket maybe I was just lucky :confused:

if traffic ok around bordeaux i’m aiming for lincoln farm for tuesday night, can i still pay by card for parking? does anyone know, thanks :smiley:

welshboyinspain:
if traffic ok around bordeaux i’m aiming for lincoln farm for tuesday night, can i still pay by card for parking? does anyone know, thanks :smiley:

i was in there in july, and i’m 99% certain that you can still pay on various cards.