Wcf flowers of york f. holman selby

Andy R
Some superb photo’s there mate, i especially remember Flowers of yorks Mercs and F7s.
And those pictures of F holmans 112s takes me back to when i had a 112 my first scanny r cab C163 TLC, GREAT LORRYS…!

nice to see some of the old trucks andy,even the back end of GAO 432N that I used to drive with the powder tank,I also have some of me with TWT at blackwood hall farm but they are out of focus so did not post them onto the site. do you know tommy coverdale he used to drive for holmans but is know at lodges on cambelsforth straight if he hasn’t retired. best wishes to you and your dad dave. :smiley:

Good to see some old WCF motors. My grandad and great uncle worked for them (west of the Pennines) at Bootle, ■■■■■■■■■■ depot driving TS3 commers. Platted for 10 ton gross they used to carry a 10 ton payload around the lake district! My grandad had to reverse up some hills as reverse was lower geared and had to be careful coming down as the TS3’s didnt have any form of engine braking. My great uncle carried on there and drove F86 and F7 bulkers. Below is a photo of Bootle depot showing my grandads Commer.

Hi Andy I would have liked to have seen your pics but for some reason they have been removed!
I drove for Flowers in the early 70s before they were sold out to TDG, I have a few shots but alas I can’t get them onto here because I can’t get that photo bucket uploaded! :frowning:
regards doublereduction