Wat catogry licence 7.5T plus trailer

What catogry of licence is required to drive a 7.5t towing a trailer over 750kg i no would come under class 1 but was told years ago regarding grandad rights on this also or could be wrong .

Any info required as a freind has had a oppurtunity passed to him but unsure if can drive it had class 2 many years and not that fussed about doing class 1

Thanks

C+E licence, can be driven with the 102 restriction on the C+E entitlement, this is for Wagon & Drag aquired from the old class 2 grandfather rights

C1+E for that.

If you have implied rights with C1+E on but with 107 at the end the total combination can’t weigh more than 8250kg. i.e lorry weighing 5t and towing a 3.25t trailer.

The licence category is C1+E but i dont no about grandad rights etc.

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022564

shuttlespanker:
with the 102 restriction on the C+E entitlement, this is for Wagon & Drag aquired from the old class 2 grandfather rights

This dates to around 1991 at the latest IIRC, any ‘class 2’ after that will just be a modern cat. C which won’t allow a trailer over 750 kgs regardless of towing vehicle.

The category is C1+E if the prime mover is 7.5t

8250kg on grandfather rights (107 endorsement).

12000kg if you got it after 97.

In that case he’ll need to have done the proper test for it because it’s based on plated weight. If he’s not done the proper test, in a 7.5t wagon he is only left with 750kg of trailer.

Saaamon:
C1+E for that.
If you have implied rights with C1+E on but with 107 at the end the total combination can’t weigh more than 8250kg. i.e lorry weighing 5t and towing a 3.25t trailer.

Must also be plated to 5t. Unless it’s been downplated it won’t matter what the mass in service is.