i’v got licence back with c and c1e so what can i learn to drive

Basically forget Class 1 etc

Simpilfied It splits up like this.

B = Car with less than 8 seats or goods vehicle up to 3.5t
C = Rigid goods vehicle of any weight.
C1 = Rigid goods vehicle not weighing more than 7.5t
D = Bus
D1 = minibus

+E added to any catergory means you can tow a trailer weighing more than 750kg.

So if you wanted to tow a massive horsebox behind a 4x4 you would need a B+E entitlement.
If you want to drive an artic truck you need a C+E

an artic or wagon and drag is a rigid goods vehicle with a heavy trailer on the back.

With your licence you can drive a Rigid goods vehicle of any weight or a 7.5t with a heavy trailer on the back.

You need to pass the main category before you can add an E (trailer) to it.
So you need to pass a C (rigid) test, then go and take a C+E (artic) test in order to drive an artic.

There are a few quirks to it, but in the real world thats what it equates to.

ahhhh thankyou

dennisw1:
With your licence you can drive a Rigid goods vehicle of any weight or a 7.5t with a heavy trailer on the back.

Your C1E may be restricted (it may have 107 printed by it), if so you’re limited to a combination weight of 8250 kgs, therefore if you’re driving a 7.5 tonner you can only pull a 750 kgs trailer.

Although i’m guessing you already had the C1 (7.5) entitlement probably through grandfather rights and they have given you provisional for the C1+E.

(it may have 107 printed by it), if so you’re limited to a combination weight of 8250 kgs, therefore if you’re driving a 7.5 tonner you can only pull a 750 kgs trailer.

the combination weight of a normal C1 is 8250kg as you can tow ‘up to’ a 750kg trailer with anything without taking a +E test. the 107 restriction is an old legacy thing i think.

Yes it’s a pre-1997 legacy, the reason I mentioned it is I’m sure I read in C.M. of a legal case of someone driving a drawbar combination on this licence unaware of this restriction (which was the basis of his defence).