Licence catagories

Didn’t know where to stick this question so I picked here :slight_smile:

On my licence I have categories CE thought it should read C+E or is it me being daft.

Only noticed tonight :slight_smile:

Regards

Realist:
Didn’t know where to stick this question so I picked here :slight_smile:

On my licence I have categories CE thought it should read C+E or is it me being daft.

Only noticed tonight :slight_smile:

Regards

Easier to not use the + sign

The category Is CE but for some reason everyone calls it C+E.

Thanks but is it not the case that C+E is as follows:

Category C+E
You can drive category C vehicles with a trailer over 750kg.

Therefore its a truck with trailer ie. arctic?

Yes!
No!

Interesting, just found this:

C+E Licence

The class ‘C+E’ licence replaced the older class I licence in 1997 and passing the ‘C+E’ test is a requirement for operating an articulated vehicle or a rigid vehicle towing a large trailer. Without the ‘C+E’ licence you are limited to towing a 750 Kg gross weight trailer.

While the ‘C+E’ licence allows the operation of both types of vehicle you may wish to note that haulage companies operating an articulated fleet may not wish to employ a person who passed the test on a rigid and drag (trailer), this is because the characteristics of the vehicles are some what different and inexperienced drivers moving onto an articulated vehicle have been identified as being at higher risk of accident until sufficiently experienced.

The provisional licence for a ‘C+E’ vehicle is an automatic entitlement on passing the ‘C’ licence. No further medical or theory test pass is required prior to training.

But I’ve NEVER EVER done my class 1 so whats up?

For clarification, this CE is on the photocard not the paper part?

Paper part.

mrpj:

Where it says provisional entitlements.

Realist:
Paper part.

mrpj:

Depends where on the paper part it is as if you have a Cat C you automatically have CE as a provisional so it could be that

If its not on the back of the photo card then you don’t have CE entitlement.

Are you sure it’s not in the provisional entitlement section of the paper part- on the upper left of the points section?

If not its a DVLA ■■■■ up- no way of getting CE without the test!

Im a dull fluck LOL its a provisional entitlement section.

Duh!

mrpj:

If you’ve recently renewed your license they now list all categories and just fill in the dates next to it.

So even though it shows CE on my license I can’t yet drive one.

But against my CE I have a date of 2035 yours is blank.

gov.uk/changes-to-the-drivi … categories

Licence counterpart

Your photocard licence is accompanied by a paper counterpart. The counterpart will contain your provisional driving entitlements, driving offences and other relevant information.

Provisional will not be shown in the list of categories on the card so the CE will only be on the paper part if got C

Not sure how other EU states show provisional - perhaps they do not and have an entirely different provisional system ■■?!!

Yeh your all right and I’m a dull twiddle me thumbs.

Paper says: CE as a provisional
Licence says: C as in entitlement to drive

Thanks all thought someone had buggered my licence up for a min but I also know my medical is due in 2 years time ;(

Regards and thanks.

Realist:
But against my CE I have a date of 2035 yours is blank.

If on your card there is a date saying the year 2035 then that’s when it expires. Mine is blank as I haven’t taken the test yet lol

The old style cards only listed what a driver had but the new style ones list everything and leave blank the expiry date if the driver does not have that category