Drivers licences entitlements

Hi All

Can somebody please give me a breakdown of codes on a drivers licences please im a little confused.

i would like to know the codes for 7.5t drivers, class 2 drivers, class 1 drivers
if anybody can give me a simple guide i would be most greatfull.

Regards

Stokie

C1 = any rigid LGV between 3.5 to 7.5 tonnes with a max 750 kgs MAM trailer
C1+E = any rigid LGV between 3.5 to 7.5 tonnes with any trailer
C = any rigid LGV including artic unit over 3.5 tonnes - no maximum weight with a max 750 kgs MAM trailer
C+E any rigid LGV including artic unit over 3.5 tonnes with any trailer

does that help?

Dont forget to look out for any restriction codes.

Class 1 and 2 disappeared over 20 years ago so should really be avoided. In reality they’re still used and refer to CE and C respectively.

dunno why they bothered changing em anyhow , just added more confusion for nowt .

ukthugz:
dunno why they bothered changing em anyhow , just added more confusion for nowt .

As the UK was the only place using the HGV system then it makes perfect sense to change to th EU definitions especially as the EU ones are much easier to understand

Everything you need to know is here… gov.uk/driving-licence-categories

1968kg:
Everything you need to know is here… gov.uk/driving-licence-categories

Hmmm… not quite me thinks …

1. If a driver passed B last week and then B+E this week can they legally use a B category vehicle towing a 4 tonne trailer fitted with air brakes ?

2. If a driver passed B last year and then B+E this week can they legally use a B category vehicle towing a 4 tonne trailer fitted with air brakes ?

My point is that the info is there on the DVLA website, but admittedly not all on that page. I’m just trying to help and join in a bit as I’ve mostly just lurked on here.

Changes to licencing regs happened on the 19th Jan and include changes to B and B+E rules.

gov.uk/towing-with-car

So what has exactly changed as of the 19th jan, clear as mud

Noworries:
So what has exactly changed as of the 19th jan, clear as mud

Not a lot in real terms for LGV & PCV

No changes to B but B+E can be limited to trailers of 3500 kg max MAM if those with a B+E passed B after 19th jan 2013