Finally got my licence back after C+E upgrade

So I have my licence back after gaining my C+E entitlement.

So I can now tow a trailer up to 3.5 ton on my licecne, yet my 7.5 entitlement still shows restriction code 107, not more than 8250kgs.

So I can drive a car of van with a 3.5ton trailer, I can drive a wagon and drag, I can drive an artic with trailer, but I can’t drive a 7.5 ton with a trailer over 750kgs?

Is that right?

Category : C1EStart date: 4 Dec 1995End date: 29 Oct 2047 Restrictions applyImage of category C1E vehicle Hide information
Description

You can drive vehicles weighing between 3,500 and 7,500kg (with a trailer over 750kg), with no more than 8 passengers and a driver. The combined weight of both can’t exceed 12,000kg

Restriction codes

107 Not more than 8250kg

Hello mate,

I wouldn’t worry about it as I believe the restrictions irrelevant as you’re other entitlements supersede it anyway. Plus when I are you like to drive a C1+e?

Chunkzilla:
Hello mate,

I wouldn’t worry about it as I believe the restrictions irrelevant as you’re other entitlements supersede it anyway. Plus when I are you like to drive a C1+e?

Just seems daft it basically says I can’t drive a 7.5 ton truck with a trailer over 750kgs total 8250kgs.

I would have assumed the restriction would have been removed because of my C+E upgrade, probably never will need to but just good to know should it ever arise that’s all.

I think the reason for keeping the restriction in place is just in case you ever lose your C/C+E groups on eg medical grounds.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Check the bit of paper that came in the cracker with it! :wink:

But put your party hat on first! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

That might be an idea, but being a bloke I don’t read any ■■■■ that comes with stuff, I mean who does that ffs. :laughing:

I would rather ask someone to give me the answer and be a lazy sod even though it takes more effort to do this than read the paper that came with it.

God I’m good lol

Evil8Beezle:

You fail just a letter that tells you ■■■■ all, and a leaflet about sorn’ing and selling a vehicle, so no use whatsoever, knew there was a reason I did not bother reading it lol

simcor:

Evil8Beezle:

You fail just a letter that tells you [zb] all, and a leaflet about sorn’ing and selling a vehicle, so no use whatsoever, knew there was a reason I did not bother reading it lol

Really?
It’s not a joke then?
The cracker didn’t go bang when you opened it? :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

simcor:

Evil8Beezle:

You fail just a letter that tells you [zb] all, and a leaflet about sorn’ing and selling a vehicle, so no use whatsoever, knew there was a reason I did not bother reading it lol

Really?
It’s not a joke then?
The cracker didn’t go bang when you opened it? :open_mouth:

It’s no joke and no cracker either, although it depends if you are talking about Jacobs crumbs that came in the envelope that some ■■■■■■ ate whilst enveloping my beautiful new card :angry: :laughing:

One does one’s best! :wink:

But as you’re a lazy sod who can only look up cat pictures and Billy Joel video’s :unamused:
Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94255

Enjoy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
One does one’s best! :wink:

But as you’re a lazy sod who can only look up cat pictures and Billy Joel video’s :unamused:
Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94255

Enjoy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That still makes it as clear as your underpants :open_mouth: but being DVLA not really a surprise anyway.

But thanks for that, saved me having to search for it, your my ■■■■■ now :laughing:

Let’s get something straight, does it really matter for a start? :open_mouth:
Have you any intention of driving a C1+E towing a trailer? :wink:
Would you like some stabilizers as well? :grimacing:

If yes I would refer you to ROG’s post in that thread, where he states that your full C1+E is hidden, and this is because of your requirement to pass a medical to retain it at a set age. So if i was you I’d stop crying into your cracker crumbs, and if you really want to be certain (IF THE SITUATION ARISES) get on the phone to DVLA…

As for me being your ■■■■■, yeah mate, that’s exactly how things have been going so far! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
Let’s get something straight, does it really matter for a start? :open_mouth:
Have you any intention of driving a C1+E towing a trailer? :wink:
Would you like some stabilizers as well? :grimacing:

If yes I would refer you to ROG’s post in that thread, where he states that your full C1+E is hidden, and this is because of your requirement to pass a medical to retain it at a set age. So if i was you I’d stop crying into your cracker crumbs, and if you really want to be certain (IF THE SITUATION ARISES) get on the phone to DVLA…

As for me being your ■■■■■, yeah mate, that’s exactly how things have been going so far! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Answers as follows:
Not really just wondered.
Probably not.
Nah think I will be OK without them, or are we talking mood stabilisers in that case yes please :laughing:

I had a dog like you once, I shot it! :open_mouth:

Hi mate. I had the exact same issue myself recently so I don’t think it’s a mistake. I phoned DVLA and spoke to them about it and it was fine to drive unrestricted because of higher entitlement. Being one to cover my own rear end so to speak, I said that’s good but can she confirm this in writing (in case some vosa bod is a bit naive or ■■■■). Got the written confirmation some days later and will initially carry it with me whilst driving (is this me also being ■■■■ lol)… also, if you go online and go to the view my driving record site, it should list it on there twice: one being the unrestricted till your next 5 year renewal, and the restricted till your 70th birthday… Have upped the letter I got so you can see how dvla see things:

![dvlac1e].jpg|900x675](upload://p0h4V4XZcIRxZfXO65qApSJkiJc.jpeg)

The 107 code is because you have grandfather rights, so as the letter states at anytime you give up c and e you still keep 7.5 t with trailer bit

rearaxle:
The 107 code is because you have grandfather rights, so as the letter states at anytime you give up c and e you still keep 7.5 t with trailer bit

Thanks for that a clear concise answer.