WARNING!!

last night on the A46 on the stretch between newark and bingham, i had a couple try to pull me over.
they came up along side and the woman passenger had her window open and was waving for me to stop.
they then pulled in front of me really close, at which point i thought he was going to slam the brakes on! to which i would have responded with a liberal application of acceleration :laughing:
he was indicating for me to stop, and she was still waving too. he then put the hazards on, still slowing at this point, and then dived into a layby with both of them still indicating for to follow.
of course i did no such thing, and just sailed straight by :laughing:
they pulled out again right behind me and started flashing high beams and i could just make out his arm out of the window still waving me in.
i of course just carried on whilst calling the office to let them know what was going on.
when we got to the bingham roundabout i had to peel left for the height restriction, and they then carried on along the A46.
bearing in mind i had just left the depot and had obviously checked all my lights, load, straps and doors ect i also had one of our other wagons follow me out of the yard, so i was sure there was nothing amiss with the back of the truck.
just to be sure i pulled in bingham and had a check around, and sure enough everything was completely fine with the truck.

the said people were driving a dark coloured skoda octavia estate. sorry i didn’t get the reg as he pulled in so close i was more concerned
about hitting him than looking at the number.
she was in her 40’s rather over weight with long straggly hair, and he was a big fella with short dark hair.

not much of a description i know, but keep an eye out for them, and if poss get the number if they try the same with you :wink:
probably ■■■■■■ trying their luck :confused:

were you driving a red and green truck with a white trailer and green writing on it ? :slight_smile: Eduardo Stobarti ? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Maybe they were from the fanclub and wanted a photo of your truck :slight_smile: If not Eduardo Stobarti then maybe they wanted a new plasma telly if you were from the other local company :wink:

To be honest though theres hundreds of idiots on that road every day, expect it and its easier to avoid the numpties.

“Having travelled up and down the A1 this weekend from Surrey to Lincolnshire, we were interested in the laybys and what fun could be had there! We will be making the journey on a reasonably regular basis and wondered if any truckers out there could tell us where the hot spots are so we could put on a show for you and have some fun.”

you sure you werent reading the signs wrong :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

btw that advert was from a website i stumbled across accidently :blush: :blush: :blush:

instead of ringing your office why not call the police?, there may of been a car 1-5 miles away from you who could of pulled the car to find out what they wanted!.

were you driving a NEXT lorry by any chance? ( without the logo)

Dark Skoda Octavia eh? Were they both in flourescent jackets with black & white hats and waving shiney metals things at you from a small leather wallet? :laughing:

They either wanted to put on a show for you or wanted you to join in. It’s not an uncommon occurrence and as in the post from chaversdad there are many posts on a daily basis on certain websites looking for exactly that.

She was in her 40’s… rather over weight… with long straggly hair,… and he was a big fella with short dark hair.

But You could not get the number■■? :unamused:

Don’t yer just hate it when people talk about dodgy websites, but don’t give the address! :wink: :laughing:

Lycanthrope:
were you driving a red and green truck with a white trailer and green writing on it ? :slight_smile: Eduardo Stobarti ? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Maybe they were from the fanclub and wanted a photo of your truck :slight_smile: If not Eduardo Stobarti then maybe they wanted a new plasma telly if you were from the other local company :wink:

To be honest though theres hundreds of idiots on that road every day, expect it and its easier to avoid the numpties.

cant see it being a stobart truck ,dont they have red panic buttons in them for this kind of thing,youd push that before youd ring the t.o id of thought, so im guessing tellys.

Coffeeholic:
They either wanted to put on a show for you or wanted you to join in. It’s not an uncommon occurrence and as in the post from chaversdad there are many posts on a daily basis on certain websites looking for exactly that.

Please can I have the www dots for these sites as I get lonely

i nearly ran into the back of another lorry on the m6 near junction 10 because of this sort of thing, but he wasn’t flashing his lights.
she was flashing her ■■■■. :laughing:

and it was a range rover. just as well it was a big car, as she was a big bird. :laughing:

Truckerjon…its dodgywebsites.com :laughing: :laughing:

while we are on this subject does anyone know any MRCT drivers, as there is a very funny video knocking about where a woman is flashing her bits to him while the husbands films it, then the truck driver appears alongside again filming the pair of them with his phone :laughing: highly unprofssional i knnow but hilarious all the same, i wont put it on here as not to upset the powers that be, but if anyone wants to know were to find it… :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: