Wanted; Class 1 drivers in / near Cardiff - from Facebook

Just seen this on Facebook if anyone is interested. It was posted by a guy called Paul Wells.

Looking for hgv1 drivers. Based In Cardiff. Container haulage with some general flatbed and curtain work. Ideally willing to do nights out but can negotiate to suit. New drivers also welcome as we all had to start somewhere. For more info or to discuss further 07432110153. Cheers

Due to sustained growth = due to being unable to hang onto any drivers… :wink:

I can’t make up my mind which is more concerning.
A company that uses Facebook to advertise jobs, or drivers who go for a job advertised on Facebook. …

Many years ago…

I did a run to Portugal, for a bloke I knew in my local pub at the time.

Worst trip of my life.

yourhavingalarf:
Many years ago…

Worst trip of my life.

Sounds like a good story elaboration needed :wink:

bald bloke:

yourhavingalarf:
Many years ago…

Worst trip of my life.

Definitely!

I had a job interview in McDonalds (no not to work at McDonalds) to take bog rolls up to Scotland in a tatty rattly old Renault Premium, I took the bloody job too, only stuck it for about 3 weeks before I walked, ahh what it was like to be young and naive :laughing:

bald bloke:

Bully’s…

I’ve never used facebook to advertise ( which we don’t generally do anyway), but I’d more or less write that.

Once interviewed someone at Lymm in the truck of the company they worked for at the time. He’s still with me 5, maybe 6 years later. It’s hard as a driver, particularly a tramper, to get time off.

TiredAndEmotional:
Due to sustained growth = due to being unable to hang onto any drivers… :wink:

So, if they have got more contracts then they will need more drivers. You are so sceptical of this and o don’t understand why. I bet you are texting the guy as we speak :blush: :smiley:

albion:
I’ve never used facebook to advertise ( which we don’t generally do anyway), but I’d more or less write that.

Once interviewed someone at Lymm in the truck of the company they worked for at the time. He’s still with me 5, maybe 6 years later. It’s hard as a driver, particularly a tramper, to get time off.

You put yourself out and you understood the issues, that would have meant a hell of a lot to the driver you did that for and he won’t forget it, ever.
Mind you, you also saw a driver who didn’t just drop his boss of the time in the crap by throwing a sickie, worked for both of you :sunglasses:

Jobs gone and apparently the company is Cardiff Container Link, never heard of them and no I didn’t ring I just looked the guy up on Facebook and saw the company name on a shirt he’s wearing.

Reef:
Jobs gone and apparently the company is Cardiff Container Link, never heard of them and no I didn’t ring I just looked the guy up on Facebook and saw the company name on a shirt he’s wearing.

■■■■! I was just texting them…