Haulage companies

hi, been writing to a few haulage companies around Manchester/preston way for hgv jobs but ran out of names of companies to send my cv to.

if you don’t mind could you write down any companies you could think of around my end.

thanks

Go to the Vosa website and do a search under their applications/decisions website.It lists owner drivers to large fleets in your area.

r u willing to come to warrington for work… RJ EDWARDS is after driver immediately i saw the advertisment yesterday i can get u a number tonight if u want. They Want Class 1 drivers 4 on 4 off basis tramping. i found this out from our drivers. And Currie Europeans are after Drivers Too.

Don’t write letters. The bosses want to see you. Just turn up & ask for a job. Never fails.

cheers pal,

got the number from there website ill give them a try Monday.

Try Vitafoam/Pritex foam factory at Soudan Street.Middleton.Manchester.They have just bought about 30 brand new step frame trailers.

As Harry said knock on doors with cv in hand 2 reasons talking to someone gives them more info than a cv ever will and secondly its your chance to be nosy and see if you like the look of the place.
Im sure we have all done it looked at a job advertised thought that looks ok been down for a look and thought sod that lol

Jeff.

yea jeff done that loads of time, applied for a job then turns out to be a big mistake lol.

Agree with knocking on doors is the best way but does the same apply when a company is advertising for drivers and instructs candidates how to apply to their advert?

Basically could it go against you ignoring their instructions?

truckster5:
Agree with knocking on doors is the best way but does the same apply when a company is advertising for drivers and instructs candidates how to apply to their advert?

Basically could it go against you ignoring their instructions?

That’s true mate, cos some of them are actually testing whether a driver can follow simple written instructions.

A bit like filling in a form that says “use a black pen.”
Any forms written in blue don’t even get read and go straight in the bin.

However, sometimes, they’re looking for initiative… so it could go either way. :frowning:

Its a bit of a gamble. Suppose they can only say no, anything else is a bonus :laughing:

If you fancy relocating Goldstsar in Felixstowe are advertising for class one drivers.
Containers and tauts.