Newbie and looking for work lol

Just wanted to say hi, passed class 2 in April and class 1 in December, managed to move 130 miles inbetween to deepest darkest Wales so was good fun learning class 1 on very unfamiliar roads.

Just trying to find work now, have got a positive lead on something so fingers crossed and all that

Congrats Geoff!

I’m also in Wales - moved around 10 years ago. I’m also looking to do my class2 around March time, then class 1 in around a year from then.

I’d be interested to hear how you get on finding work?

I made a post regarding this recently to see what the options currently are, and got some great help, not sure where in Wales you are but this may help: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=143407

Cheers
Garry

Tbh found it disappointing, recently moved to Lampeter area and finding it hard to find work, either been told that you live to far away or that they actually don’t want any one even though there own website says they do.

Had I stayed where I was could have picked any number of people to work for. Ho hum eh. Hopefully this prospective job will work out

Yes, it’s a tough area to find work for all sectors, though there is a far amount of haulage going on in the area.

I live in Llanarth, not too far from Lampeter.

Have you tried companies in Swansea or are they saying you’re too far away?

Are you with any agencies?

Lol the guy fixing out horsebox is in Llanarth.
Tried NR Evans and Mansel Davies neither are taking class one at the moment despite being told otherwise. Apparently Mansel are crying out for class 2 tanker drivers but was told I’m to far away. Most others seem quiet at the mo so not taking on.

lol small world, lovely Indian restaurant in Lampeter! :smiley:

Yes, Mansel Davies are major in the area for the Milk tankers, been around for decades and probably hard to get into, though I’ve heard they don’t pay very well but the work is constant. They probably want experienced drivers maybe, but won’t say that when they reject you…?

Apparently this is a notoriously dead time of year in the industry for getting work, (Jan to March) so I gather, hence I’m looking to start training in March. So it’s going to be tough for most people wherever you are in the country.

Worth you checking that thread I gave you, another local guy gave me piles of leads, worth a try.

Did you go with a Trainer in this area?

Used cambrian training, based in talsarn, above daltons atv centre if ya know there. But they do the training from carmarthen test centre.
They have a MAN Tga 18.310 rigid that they use for both c and c+e with a drag trailer, 12sp auto. Helpful and every one seems to know them lol

Cool nice and local. I’ve been in contact with Crosshands Training. They look like a good organization, but I’m thinking of going down there sometime to check them out.