Wages?

Hi all,
im very very close to giving up my current job where i earn £260 a week after tax,
im would i get much more than that as a class 2 driver to start with and then hopefully class1!
cheers!

not a lot more as a class 2 driver. the average is arouns 7.00 an hour. I seem to be in around the 7.50 mark here in somerset, but there is demend for C drivers here.

After class C+E you will earn a lot more. Average wage starts at around 9.50 an hour.

Honkytonk man:
Hi all,
im very very close to giving up my current job where i earn £260 a week after tax,
im would i get much more than that as a class 2 driver to start with and then hopefully class1!
cheers!

What you need to think about is that as a Class1 driver your at the top of the tree for wages …here in the midlands a Class1 driver earns 400pw after tax minimum

So if your serious about choosing driving as your career then you have to get class2 to get class1… your wages might not increase hugley but look at the long term…aim to be Class1 and youll be raking it in

God knows what a Scottish class1 driver that does 5 nights out a week is on but its got to be way more than 400pw

How do you mean 5 nights out a week?

Honkytonk man:
How do you mean 5 nights out a week?

By that i mean you sleep out in the truck for 5 nights of the week… you get paid for each night out plus your daily rate…takes a certain type of person to do it but they definatly earn the most

as long as i get to take my dog with me!!!

Honkytonk man:
Hi all,
cheers!

Um, I’m with ProTemp Agency on £7 an hour 7.5t. Averaging about £300 a week takehome (aka Net) :unamused: :unamused: The decision to go from stability to agency is hard and stressfull, but if you want to try then good luck :smiley: