Wages

I have been offered a job direct with a company locally for £12.50 ph .now i see that new pass guys are being offered from £8.50 to max £10 through agencies .why is that allowed to happen .that is leeching in my eyes !
I passed the other week .and im 47 passed car in 87 .

Most class 2 jobs are around that amount from what I understand although the lower amounts are more common for starting out.

£12.50 sounds very high, is that for PAYE or LTD and full time?

Agencies rule the world!!!
my friends partner owns one and still would not do me any favours ( last time I helped them out )

But she has told me in the past that they try to make a minimum of 5 pound a hour off a driver,

Personally I think they are just a bunch of money grabbing scum out for them selfs, loads of money for very little,
Willing to send anyone into any job without proper training , they block acsess for drivers to full time jobs as companies use agency exclusive , the world would be better off without them I think ,
I guess they do serve as a foot on the ladder for some,

Just my view tho I’m sure some people love working on the agency and have a much better opinion than myself,

rant over lol

trevHCS:
Most class 2 jobs are around that amount from what I understand although the lower amounts are more common for starting out.

£12.50 sounds very high, is that for PAYE or LTD and full time?

Very high ? :laughing:

Paye.

Just_Dave:
Agencies rule the world!!!
my friends partner owns one and still would not do me any favours ( last time I helped them out )

But she has told me in the past that they try to make a minimum of 5 pound a hour off a driver,

Personally I think they are just a bunch of money grabbing scum out for them selfs, loads of money for very little,
Willing to send anyone into any job without proper training , they block acsess for drivers to full time jobs as companies use agency exclusive , the world would be better off without them I think ,
I guess they do serve as a foot on the ladder for some,

Just my view tho I’m sure some people love working on the agency and have a much better opinion than myself,

rant over lol

I went to a few agencies who as soon as they seen i had just passed dropped the job rates down £4 an hour .i had them both remove me greedy a holes
Im 47 not 18 …

I personally don’t think age has anything to do with it, regardless of a new driver being 48 and a new driver being in his early 20’s they should get the same!

Good to see someone being paid properly. But is the catch on the overtime rate? Is it all at single time, ie consolidated? Having said that, many drivers don’t achieve £12.50 on overtime so you seem to be on a winner.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It may be a good rate but is it a good job are they paying it because nobody else wants it, if your still there this time next year then it’s both.

I am not looking for a job for life .this then class 1
When i fancy it .

Up north the wages are terrible, currently on agency making around £9-10/hr, went for an interview for a full timejob on Class 1, £8.10 an hour… Walked out of interview!

Better off literally stacking shelves!

hamletbarnard:
Up north the wages are terrible, currently on agency making around £9-10/hr, went for an interview for a full timejob on Class 1, £8.10 an hour… Walked out of interview!

Better off literally stacking shelves!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: I’m on more class 2

Midlands is rammed with jobs .ignore agencies go to the companies .as for age having nothing to do with it.yeah fair enough .but i see myself as a better driver than a 20 year old testosterone rager :laughing: :sunglasses:

Stop talking ■■■■■■■■ Albert.

Albert1:
Midlands is rammed with jobs .ignore agencies go to the companies .as for age having nothing to do with it.yeah fair enough .but i see myself as a better driver than a 20 year old testosterone rager :laughing: :sunglasses:

Sorry but that is rubbish I have seen good & bad drivers of all ages simple as

That is a good rate tbh as up here in the North East the average is £8.00 ish ph although some like me are on a decent salary for what I do

Thats your opinion animal .and yours is rubbish also :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
Stop talking ■■■■■■■■ Albert.

Bollox to you too beavis

Tell us all the company which is going to pay you this hourly rate.

Oh, and what the days/shifts are…

eagerbeaver:
Tell us all the company which is going to pay you this hourly rate.

Oh, and what the days/shifts are…

Pull ya thong out your arse .i run my own business ,I don’t need to explain my ■■■■ to such ■■■■■■■ as you .
This job is with …

Ile tell you after i start it .stop squabbling between yourselves and make your own luck in this life
And stand against agency ponces .

:laughing:

I don’t work for an agency although have done in the past as & when it suited me

I have also ran my own transport company many years ago

I am now on a good wage for what I do & the area I live

Yes there are good & bad drivers of all ages alway have been always will be ( my sister is older than me will tell you that I am a better driver than she is alway have been same as my mam )

I am on 10.90 an hour on class 2 cant wait to pass my class 1 hopefully next year.