VOSA waking up drivers at Bellshill!

Just been told by my mate that VOSA are waking up drivers to check tacho’s and to make sure they have not ‘tipped off the card’ etc at Righead industrial estate, Bellshill. Home of Morrissons. This has been happening quite often apparently. Is it not illigal to wake a driver when on break.

if they did it to me i would tell them to go forth and multiply

if they do this does it not require you to start your daily rest again.

I would tell them to bugger off and come back when I’m working, not on a break or rest period. I would also take their details and contact VOSA with a view to making a complaint asking how it fits with the safety aspect of taking breaks and rest periods to prevent tired drivers…

I did it in Belgium last year when they woke me on a break, and with no consequences, so if I can do it in foreign I can certainly do it in English. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

a few months back vosa were in birchanger services near stanstead walking between vehicles listening for air leaks and then interupting drivers breaks to speak to them. pushing the limits in my eyes!

BELIVE me i would be inturputing the vosa"s breathing for a while if they woke me for something while on rest and that isnt just talk!!! either way i would be getting a rest period be it in my cab or police cell :laughing: :laughing: kin vostapos they are getting a complete utter pain in the crack now they are getting p"d with power now.time they hoooooooked rigth off if the job aint hard enough as it is with out been hassled while taking time off

Niko:
Just been told by my mate that VOSA are waking up drivers to check tacho’s and to make sure they have not ‘tipped off the card’ etc at Righead industrial estate, Bellshill. Home of Morrissons. This has been happening quite often apparently. Is it not illigal to wake a driver when on break.

I wouldnt answer, i’m a heavy sleeper.

Customs and Exise (or whoever they are) saw them at Forton once when i was starting my daily rest. I was sitting in the cab watching a film and they asked if i was on a break i said yes. They said do you mind if we check your tank, we will be as quick and quiet as possible, i said no probs. Prob being polite would have no doubt checked it anyways if i told them where to go.

if its true then that when vosa say they are making the roads safer then how can they justify waking drivers up from there rest breaks?

Vosa chapped my window in Keele a few months back wanting to check my charts.
I told the guy I had no problem with him doing his checks as long as it was’nt during my break (45 mins), he accepted what I said and left but the funny thing was I caught the bugger watching me a few times and at the exact time I had told him that my break finished he was back at my door.I think he thought I was at it , cos he seemed a wee bit ■■■■■■ off whe he did’nt find anything wrong. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My boss phoned me today to say that vosa had ripped my truck apart at fyffes at livingston today with a casual driver, he said they put it back together but its covered in footprints and handprints, said casual driver would do his best to clean up there mess, had him for 1.5 hrs and had the whole drivers side corner stripped out, tacho head and traced wiring down screen pillar etc, never found anything though :stuck_out_tongue: tacho head is pristine, its only a week old, i ■■■■■■■ hate them ■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ scummy ■■■■■■■ cocksuckin ■■■■■■■■ :imp: :imp: :imp:

TONY530I:
My boss phoned me today to say that vosa had ripped my truck apart at fyffes at livingston today with a casual driver, he said they put it back together but its covered in footprints and handprints, said casual driver would do his best to clean up there mess, had him for 1.5 hrs and had the whole drivers side corner stripped out, tacho head and traced wiring down screen pillar etc, never found anything though :stuck_out_tongue: tacho head is pristine, its only a week old, i [zb] hate them [zb] [zb] scummy [zb] cocksuckin [zb] :imp: :imp: :imp:

i got that at forfar one night a couple of years ago, aint nice standing there watching the inside of your truck getting ripped apart, best part was when the guy lifted out the consol the has all the gauges on it was a bit rough when he did it and ripped the wiring loom out the back of it!! had to get daf out to fix his handy work which ended with the truck having to be towed in and new circuit board and wiring loom fitted, needless to say vosa had too stump up for that mistake

I did it in Belgium last year when they woke me on a break, and with no consequences, so if I can do it in foreign I can certainly do it in English.

■■■■ off is the same in any language.it’s a universal language. :laughing: :laughing:

I thought it was illegal, at least that’s what i shouted down the phone to the fella that was trying to sell me sky when i was on nights :laughing: Ive seen vosa sniffing about the righead lately - i didn’t know what it was about though.

Ive had my cards checked twice since they got their new powers to fine - in all my days before never once - funny that :smiley:

I used to have a certain respect for VOSA but now I despise the a********. They struggle to get us on tachos now so they do us for anything. We had 3 trucks fined recently for ONE catwalk bolt loose on each. Funny thing is they aren’t very good at one of the main parts of their job, checking tachos, it’s actually amazing at how little the avarage VOSA man knows and even more amazing what a pedantic jobsworth he/she is. The first time they give me a fine for a stupid reason we’ll be heading to court. People need to start challenging them in court, only that might make them reconsider giving out fines for daft things left right and centre. I emphasise the word might there!

yep had the dash out at beattock one morning :angry: :angry: , fair play he put it all back but he didnt polish the finger marks he left on the dash panels :imp: :imp: , i thought the days of wires/clips were long gone now but i must be wrong unless vostapos are a little behind times 10 yrs behind times infact, what made me laff was when he try"d with a fair amount of force to break the sealing panel inside the tacho head he said he was checking it was sealed i had a few choice words to say when he was pressing and pulling on it with the force he was applying so he wasnt happy then out came half the dash, fuse box, centre cupboard etc, was a little p"d off as everyone else in the check point was pulling in and a quick check on the tyres and lights and away they went but me i was there 1 hr, with half the truck taken out then they wounder why most people dont have respect for them,ok they are only doing there job but some are going a little to far with the silly new powers, oh well thats my moan for today, now let me go find hanky spankys posts for a bit of ribbing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
POWER TO THE VOSTAPO!!!

Surely they have to have permission to tear a truck apart?
I cant wait for my first VOSA stop :laughing: I aint quite normal when it comes to authority :laughing: I may decide not to stop.....Well probably decide not to stop, especially if I dont have time…

att:
Surely they have to have permission to tear a truck apart?
I cant wait for my first VOSA stop :laughing: I aint quite normal when it comes to authority :laughing: I may decide not to stop.....Well probably decide not to stop, especially if I dont have time…

nope they dont need permission, if they have suspicion that there may be something there that shouldnt be then they within the law too detain you and strip ya cab out

lets get things right.
vosa can not ask for your charts/records while you are on a break/rest.
they must conduct a vehicle check before they ask for your records.
you can not be asked for a tacho check without a vehicle examination being conducted first.

had it at grantham last year stopped for a 45 and custom and excise checking for red,
nice as you like can we dip your tank to check told them no probs but you might have probs getting some due to anti spiphion fitted and only sitting on half tank,they came back after my break to try get some to no avail.

I don’t dispute VOSA are hovering around Bellshill or any other RDC, dock or checkpoint, but a vosa man or woman who is just ripping dashboards out without just cause seems far fetched to me.

In over 30 years the authorities in their various guises have been efficient, polite and generally conspicuous by their absence in my case.

Maybe my roadgoing Dennis the menace antics were not not really as bad as I thought, or was I just fortunate?