Vosa.... fine on break

Noticed on twitter this morning that some bloke tweeted, drivers beware vosa are on the A14 and have just fined my mate 60quid for reading his delivery notes whilst on break. Now i can’t believe this and i told him it was rubbish. What’s all your opinions?

Only £60■■? Thought it was £100 per sheet of note he has in his hand. :unamused: :unamused:

Sounds like nonsense.

There might be a legal justification for this if reading them on a rest (where the driver must be free to dispose of his time etc), but the rules are different and less strict for a break.

Absolute bollox and rubbish.

I do however predict at least two pages of stuff bearing absolutely no relation whatsoever to the OP.

Was once told by a driver that he’d been fined £60 for wiping his mirrors and lights whilst on a 45! Didn’t believe it really but stranger things have happened!!

Just a knob seeing how gullible peeps are.

legally possible but realistically not likely

I’ve never had one but I believe that when VOSA issue a fixed penalty they give you a fixed penalty notice, ask him to post an image of it somewhere :smiley:

I bet he won’t though :laughing:

VOSA lads must wear their pants on the outside these days, what they do hover alongside filming him?

I read so much bollox about VOSA, never once have i found them anything but fair and reasonable, if you take the P or treat them fools they’ll have you.

Make an honest mistake but otherwise try to do the job right and they’ll invariably help you out with advice rather than a nick, thats been my experience over the years anyway.

As with the old bill and anyone else for that matter, if you are aggressive and act the pillock don’t expect any favours.

gallows_man:
Noticed on twitter this morning that some bloke tweeted, drivers beware vosa are on the A14 and have just fined my mate 60quid for reading his delivery notes whilst on break. Now i can’t believe this and i told him it was rubbish. What’s all your opinions?

:laughing:

I Got told by VOSA once that sitting watching Eastenders on the TV did not consitute a break !!!

OK I was in traffic on the M3 at the time, but really :unamused:

yeah i got fined for playing with myself during a 11 hr breck. i learned to close my curtains the next time

Sounds like a load of snake oil to me :neutral_face:

As has been said, if you’re reasonable to them they’ll be reasonable to you. My last encounter was a spot check on the A35 (east of Dorchester, every other Tuesday :wink: ), the mot certificate on my trailer was missing. I apologised to the VOSA man and said it was there when I had done my checks (which it was), the VOSA man did some checks and confirmed the trailer did have an MOT. I was sent on my way and told to get a duplicate, he gave me all the info I needed to get a duplicate. Had I given the guy grief no doubt he could have ruined my day :laughing:

Tiger.

Well I was on my break and Vosa fined me £60 for looking out the windscreen sai I was working preparing my journey! I said only £60 but Ive looked out of each side window once at the traffic that was anothe £120 preparing my exit point and for looking out at the grass through the nearside £240 for being a TI*(BREAST)

Put that one about the RDC rest rooms pmsl

Juddian:
VOSA lads must wear their pants on the outside these days, what they do hover alongside filming him?

I read so much bollox about VOSA, never once have i found them anything but fair and reasonable, if you take the P or treat them fools they’ll have you.

Make an honest mistake but otherwise try to do the job right and they’ll invariably help you out with advice rather than a nick, thats been my experience over the years anyway.

As with the old bill and anyone else for that matter, if you are aggressive and act the pillock don’t expect any favours.

^^^^^^^^ this

The first thing VOSA do when they stop you is carry out the “attitude test” and if you fail that you’re going to bend over and take it without lube so I find it always best to be polite, friendly even.

xfmatt:
Was once told by a driver that he’d been fined £60 for wiping his mirrors and lights whilst on a 45! Didn’t believe it really but stranger things have happened!!

One of the things I was accused of when on a disciplinary at wincanton !

Have heard of VOSA at south mimms warning drivers for cleaning the cab floor while on breaks

A driver once told me that vosa warned him about eating on a break,on a break he must be resting and eating food is not resting!!!

I got fined last year for doing a wee. Not normally a problem but because I drank the drink during duty time relieving oneself of the offending liquid later is seen as other work. So now if I need a pee in the night I resart my break just to be on the safe side.