Vosa

Hi all
I was parked up in a lay by asleep recently and I was knocked up by vosa.
Have they got the powers to do this or is this out of order?

What a load of Betty Swallox.Vosa do exist anymore.It is DVSA.Another Mmtm story.

Out of order, I’d say.

Would comply and be polite with them on the ground then once the checks had finished and everything was ok would ask for his details and inform him that an official complaint would be going in. If you were to follow the law to the letter you would need to start your break again. Have been asked for my card while on a 45 minute break in Leicester Forrest and just told the copper I had 20 minutes of a break left and he said “fine i’ll be back then” came back carried out his checks and then left no hassle, was expecting maybe a bit of hassle for saying that I was on a break but he was ok about it

totally out of order but did you inform them you were on break / rest :question: if not get a sign made up and plonk it in the windscreen

ON BREAK
NOW SOD OFF
:wink:

Dunno but have seen them around my wagon when I’ve peeked through the curtains and they have never bothered me. I even woke up to a gv9 for a cut in a trailer tyre on the windscreen once and they never knocked me up for that.
I would say that they can go over what they can see but if you’re kipping then checking lights and tacho’s is surely out of the question.

Was you parked in a dangerous place?

ShropsBri:
Dunno but have seen them around my wagon when I’ve peeked through the curtains and they have never bothered me. I even woke up to a gv9 for a cut in a trailer tyre on the windscreen once and they never knocked me up for that.
I would say that they can go over what they can see but if you’re kipping then checking lights and tacho’s is surely out of the question.

Was you parked in a dangerous place?

That’s not a VOSA problem or in there authority

littleman:
Hi all

What!! a VOSA/DVSA representative got you pregnant.
Definately oversteps a boundary or two in my book…

If you mean they awoke you from your slumber then in reality they wouldn’t know you where asleep so little harm done really, just smile and get the lube ready…

Dipper_Dave:

littleman:
Hi all

What!! a VOSA/DVSA representative got you pregnant.
Definately oversteps a boundary or two in my book…

I worry about you some times…not often just some times :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drift:
I worry about you some times…not often just some times :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile: I really shouldn’t post on here when I’m off me ■■■■…

littleman:
Hi all

CHEEKY ■■■■■

I’d of told him to go away & come back at x o’clock.

Dipper_Dave:

Drift:

:slight_smile: I really shouldn’t post on here when I’m off me ■■■■…

Don’t tell me you got knocked up as well whilst getting your ■■■■ out?

littleman:
Hi all

Were your curtains closed?

A tricky one!.. They were out of order imo, BUT, telling them to come back after your break is finished is likely to cause you (unfairly) to fail their ‘attitude test’, and possibly put them in an even more determined mood to find a reason to fine you.

Better to politely point out that you were on a break when they disturbed you and allow them to do what they do…

Silver_Surfer:

littleman:
Hi all

Were your curtains closed?

+1 as this would affect how i would react too them waking me up

Surely this is a catch 22 situation. If on your break and they want to do an inspection surely this would be classed as working again and oh fine you. If not help them like mentioned they will come back after on your break and as ■■■■■■ them off do you for the smallest thing. Oh look your sat nav is in your window in the line of the windscreen wipers, now where is my pad.

Personally if it was me on a break I’d make them wait until I’d finished unloading.

Must have had his curtains open. I doubt any VOSA man would knock up a driver with the curtains shut.

Muckaway:
Personally if it was me on a break I’d make them wait until I’d finished unloading.

:laughing: :laughing: :question:

Mmm! I think a, “Sorry but I’m on break and have ■■■ amount of minutes left”. Would have been suffice and would not cause anyone ANY grief! Restarting break is childish, kicking off at someone who doesn’t know is mindless - not all people are mind readers :unamused: I’d just simply say what I put above, nice and polite - we are both human and earning a living. If I’ve broke the law then I expect to get done for it - not his fault :smiley: