Virginia Transport. Co Meath

Firstly to all the guys that replied…Thank You. :smiley:

But,with regards to the posting;I’ve been offered a job with said company. Does anyone know what they are like? Would like a little info before contacting them. Failing this,it’s back on the Spanish coach shuttles…oh joy of joys!!!

Comedians they are. Driving a fridge truck to continental Europe and Eastern Europe and the hours are 39 per week?
jobsguideireland.com/artic-d … van-based/

First , they are from Cavan not Meath. Owned by two brothers(coles) who do a bit of driving aswell. They have all Scanias with a few older volvos and do container and creamery work in Ireland . They go abroad with fridges for kepak so that means out fri night and home wednesday or thursday. I dont know about wages but they would be a fairly straight company to work for.

ellies dad:
First , they are from Cavan not Meath. Owned by two brothers(coles) who do a bit of driving aswell. They have all Scanias with a few older volvos and do container and creamery work in Ireland . They go abroad with fridges for kepak so that means out fri night and home wednesday or thursday. I dont know about wages but they would be a fairly straight company to work for.

Hi Ellies Dad :smiley: ,firstly,I apologise about the incorrect location…not too familiar with Ireland. And secondly Thank you for the info as I,ve heard some horror stories about Irish hauliers,although in my opinion, the UK have their fair share.

let us know how you get on.

jessicas dad:
let us know how you get on.

Hey JD :smiley: how are you? Thanks for the pic,it’s a very clean lorry!

Hexenhammer:
Hey JD :smiley: how are you? Thanks for the pic,it’s a very clean lorry!

yep great thanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

virginia-transport.ie/

there is a gallery section on their site. :wink: :wink: :wink:

good luck trying to get to virginia in peak hour traffic from the port :stuck_out_tongue:

i got off the boat in dublin docks on wed morn to go to galway.
220kms/133 miles approx.
it took me 4 hour.
the traffic is terrible.
its hard to make time in ireland even where the roads are good.
theres always another bottleneck up the road.

the day will come greg when its motorway to galway, but as you said, therell always be a bloody bottleneck somewhere

RE getting up to virginia, you can either go the N2, which backs up from Slane to Ashbourne most evenings, or you can go the N3, which until Dunshaughlin is bypassed, you’ll crawl from probably clonee, maybe even blanchardstown to navan

hello brian.
the roadworks at blanchardstown are a disaster in normel type irish roadworks.
i came from galway to athlone,then started to crosscountry through mullingar/navan to slane where the job is.
i realised then why i went on the continent so many years ago.irish roads are not too bad if you are travelling from dublin to where,but start on the cross country run.its another days work.
i couldnt or wouldnt work at home again,at least not driving a truck anyway.