Breen international transport in wexford

Are these guys any good to work for?
does anyone know,■■?
any info from you experienced truckers will
be gratefully received,thanks

dont know anyhting about the pay.
i am from ireland myself.
i can tell you,most irish trucks you see on the roads now have latvians/poles driving them.
these guys are willing to drive night and day.
the average pay is about 120 euro a day[85 stg approx]not a lot of money really.
the wages would not be great for an english resident due to the cost of living in england[or ireland for that matter]
the easterners are cleaning up on this money.
they live frugal lives in the truck,sent the money home then.
dont expect to get rich driving a truck for an irish company now.i have heard some companies paying as little as 100 euro per day.
best thing you can do is ring them see waht they say.
thay have a website also.
propablywww.breentrans.ie.
this could be wrong.
going to try it myself now.
good luck in your job hunt

i met a few of their drivers on the train last year, they didn’t rate the company very highly at all.
most drivers were from abroad, not just polish or other european but some from south africa or somewhere like that.

Is that true then, most of the drivers are Eastern European ? Even for the likes of Maguire, Virginia, Nolan, Carna, Shannon (STL), Caffrey Bros ?

Whats the world coming to ?

yeah could say 80 % Irish truck with eastern european drivers :cry:

Last Sunday I went to Dover and saw lots of irish convoy lorries heading catch the ferry.

saw lots of Poland, Hungary, LT Flag on thier irish truck or name plate on dashboard - eastern european names like Pawel, Marek or Ivan

Been saw twice - Cafferey use Bulgarian drivers :open_mouth: and mainly polish drivers

Cheers Ben. :wink:

I like Breentrans company, they carry decent outfits - european style. see often they pull lowloader trailer for farm machiney loads.
They most use DAF trucks

beware guys.
its happening all over england as well.
i am doing a bit of uk work,i met some of them in places like the hollies and general transport cafes,all driving for uk companies.
it will get worse before it gets better.
excuse my pessimism but this is what i am seeing on the road.

went to see them in New Ross…they pay 470 euros fo a SEVEN DAY WEEK
you read correctly 470 euros for a SEVEN DAY WEEK…got out of there as fast as i could. They employ mostly Poles and South Africans,they have new trucks.because thats the only way to keep their drivers. they do trips of anything between six weeks and six months. :open_mouth: :blush: [/b]

IS ANYBODY SURPRISED THIS IS WHAT IMMIGRATION IS
ALL ABOUT .GET USED TO IT YOUL ALL BE WORKING
FOR PEANUTS IN THE FUTURE OR NOT WORKING AT ALL
THE ONLY ONES TO PROFIT FROM THIS WILL BE THE
FATCATS.

WORKING
FOR PEANUTS IN THE FUTURE OR NOT WORKING AT ALL

I can assure you thats already here, well it is in my area. :imp: :imp: :angry: :angry:

Jaysus, its alot worse than I thought, surely you’d get night out money on top of that, 470 euro not worth a ■■■■. No wonder breen has got so big in recent years. Did ye drop in to nolan on the way by or head down to o’leary in ramsgrange ? 470 euro what a load of ■■■■■■

I called into Nolans they are just down the lane from Breens,…same problem,they don’t want Irish or Brits driving for them, eastern block drivers
will stay out longer for less money plus like Breens when you do take time off,you lose your truck…no good…too much p… about. :frowning:

chrismac:
went to see them in New Ross…they pay 470 euros fo a SEVEN DAY WEEK
you read correctly 470 euros for a SEVEN DAY WEEK…got out of there as fast as i could. They employ mostly Poles and South Africans,they have new trucks.because thats the only way to keep their drivers. they do trips of anything between six weeks and six months. :open_mouth: :blush: [/b]

€470 for 7 day week, Jaysus, tats not good, but they can afford to run new tackle as they are poor payers. Ive just come over to belgium with the work I do ( not HGV) and saw quite a few in Dover, one company that stuck out was a Company called Mcginnley ( I m sure that was the name) McGinnley Trucking , they are over on the west coast of Ireland, Clare I think, however, I saw 3 of them and 2 Piggotts Express pulling their trailers. Another was Managh transport, there were quite a few of them in Dover as well as the usual Big names.

Gluck to yer now

i am from romania i want work in E U track driver wat you seeee it got or not , tank for all

zav_76:
i am from romania i want work in E U track driver wat you seeee it got or not , tank for all

Here we go, doors have only just opened!

Are the east european ex commies working for the firms direct or via some agency■■?

Have a look at this,
JobBank
Not sure if this link worked

Chrismac,
Looks like they are offering the eastern europeans more than you now.

All ■■■■■■ up.

Breen are advertising in the German ‘Trucker’ magazine for English speaking driver’s.
No details of money though.

look like they really need drivers !!!- very badly! :open_mouth:

the reply to a telephone call was €100 a day, and they
expect you to be on time and drive damage free, some
remark was made about holding some money back
to pay for any damages and also penaltys for lateness
as regards timed deliverys,(JIT)., hope this helps