very gratefull

Felt I had to tell you all about something that Zenith did for me yesterday.
After failing my C+E last Thursday one of the instructors asked what I was doing Tuesday, and would I like to drive an artic to Coventry to pick up a load of Ford Transit parts? Of course I said no thanks! :wink:
Picked up an empty trailer from a trailer park, drove it to Coventry, backed it into a bay (with Dave guiding me in) and not too many professional drivers watching! Thank God.
The trailer was full and very heavy and never having driven an artic with a full load, I found myself using more gears than I had been trained to use , used the splitter for the first time and all the training regarding slow approaches to hazards made a lot more sense.
The trailer had to be left in the Ford Transit factory in Eastleigh, has anybody been there? :open_mouth:
I am very grateful to Dave and Zenith for giving me the opportunity to experience driving in the real world, a loaded trailer is very different.

Hope he remembered to put ā€˜Lā€™ plates on the truck.

Hi gliderman,
I think theyā€™re a top bunch down there at zenith,just rang them today and booked my self a Hiab course 1st week june.
Hope you enjoyed yourself,its been a couple of years(19 since :open_mouth: )I last drove an artic in anger,cant wait to get into it again!
Simon :smiley:

Hi Mothertrucker,
Yes, front and back.

Simon, your right they are a great bunch and it was a great day out, just a pity I didnā€™t get paid for it: :slight_smile: still mustnā€™t grumble
Paul

Have you used your class 2 yet?
Iā€™m still working full time for the bus company that runs trains so never had chance to use mine,agencies wont give me the odd days that I could do due to my shifts,I would of thought that would fit in with some of their needs,but hey,what do I know,just a lowly driver :unamused:

gliderman:
Felt I had to tell you all about something that Zenith did for me yesterday.
After failing my C+E last Thursday one of the instructors asked what I was doing Tuesday, and would I like to drive an artic to Coventry to pick up a load of Ford Transit parts? Of course I said no thanks! :wink:
Picked up an empty trailer from a trailer park, drove it to Coventry,

As the training company I work for is based in COVENTRY, and I knew you were coming, I made sure I took my trainees well out of the area :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Mothertrucker,
Yes, front and back.

Well done.
Nice to hear of someone who is willing to go the extra mile to help another guy out.

Have you used your class 2 yet?

not yet m8 ,still trying to sort out the crap that comes with a dying business,
pass or not pass my retest on Monday I will be visiting a few agencies next week.

As the training company I work for is based in COVENTRY, and I knew you were coming, I made sure I took my trainees well out of the area

Should have brought them to the distribution centre and let them see how not to back into a loading bay :wink:

hi paul,

glad to hear you are still chipper about it all. get yourself down to the agencies i have given you the details for, they keep ringing me up asking if i can work odd days during the week, they must be getting busier!

good luck for your next test .

zenith are a good bunch and much more than just a training school, they are like an advice school as well. i have always found them happy to help out.

agencies wont give me the odd days that I could do due to my shifts,I would of thought that would fit in with some of their needs,but hey,what do I know,just a lowly driver
Simon

thegeordie, i might see you there in the first week in june, im doing my class 1 then. send me a pm and i will give you a few agency details that will probably use you on your odd days off. :wink:

Hi,Iā€™m there on the 6th for hiab,hope I get to meet you,be nice to put a face to the name!
Iā€™ll pm you later on,got my little grandaughter stopping at the mo,in demand :smiley:

Paul,

good luck for your next test. iā€™m sure you will be ok as you drove all the way to coventry without killing anyone! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i bet that amount of experience is worth more thana couple of days training around the local area.

iā€™m sure you will nail it and start earning some proper money mate.

good luck paul and stay focused. if you fail it this time i will come round and kick your arse!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Gliderman

" Quote " still trying to sort out the crap that comes with a dying businessā€¦

and what Dying business would that be

glider was in graphic design but the internet has put a torpedo through his business hull. sinking quite quick but a bloody nice bloke so i hope he gets it sorted sooner rather than later.

Morning Chaps,
Sorry Iā€™m a bit slow answering posts sometimes, went to Blackbushe yesterday to a radio controlled model aircraft air display (sad I know but everyone needs a hobby :slight_smile: ) Swampey, Lee is correct and I like his nautical metaphor, my business was Graphic Design, Itā€™s a long story but an example of some of the ā€œcrapā€ that needs dealing with is that my last employee gave me two days notice when he was told of the situation and walked straight into another job, I was of course pleased for him as heā€™s been with me a long time.
About a week later I had a letter from him saying that he was entitled to redundancy and on advice from ACAS would be taking me to a tribunal for it.
I still do graphics for people but not enough to pay the mortgage or the bills.
Thanks Lee for the kind words.
I donā€™t think I killed anyone on the trip to Coventry but if I did Iā€™m sorry :slight_smile:

if you fail it this time i will come round and kick your arse!!!

As you such a big ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Iā€™ll keep quiet if I fail :slight_smile:

gliderman:
As you such a big [zb] Iā€™ll keep quiet if I fail :slight_smile:

thats not allowedā€¦

well :question: :question: :question:

how did you get on today :question: :question: :question:

dont be shy. tell us!

Feeling very dejected at the moment, told myself that if I failed this time , worse things can happen at sea, life is too short, at least Iā€™ve got me health, stop feeling so sorry for yourself, ā– ā– ā– ā–  happens and various other platitudes but none of them seem to help :frowning:

oh paul, i really thought you might nail it this time.

sorry mate, i hope youre not going to give up on us now. have you thought of having a little break from learning and doing some class 2 work to get a feel for the road on your own? it might be worth looking at and then see how you feel about doing it!

chin up mate, its not the end of the world ( i guess it probably feels like it is right now) but there are loads of people rooting for you on here.

Do I gather that things did not go as planned :question: :question:

Sorry to hear that Paul,as Giblsa sayā€™s keep ya chin up,youā€™ll get there.
Its probably not a bad idea to try and get some class 2 work,just to get a feel of things away from the ā€˜Sterile Trainingā€™ environment.